shape
carat
color
clarity

Reassurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sam71

Rough_Rock
I am making my decision either today or Monday and I am looking for some reassurance. A friend of a friend is local and has a 1.12 Marquis D VS1 62.3% depth and 54% Table. This cut appears to be very good to me, and the price of 6,350 seems great. I know it's not the optimum table size, but as far as brilliance, would I and/or my hopefully future fiance notice a difference if the table was more like 58%. The lighting in the jewelers studio is terrible, she doesn't normally show there, so I couldn't tell. Most people are telling me I am being picky and getting crazy, but I just want to get my money's worth. It is a little bit smaller than I really wanted, so I don't want to sacrifice noticeable brilliance as well.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sam71,

I'm sorry but cannot give you much of reassurance about brilliance. There is not enough information about the cut to make any speculations. If you are concerned, you got to get the stone examined by an appraiser.

I just checked the price it seems in a ballpark for GIA graded stone. Does the stone have a grading report?

sam71

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I hadn't logged in since last week, thanks for replying Leonid. Yes, the specs are as follows:

10.02 x 5.47 x 3.41
D color
VS1
62.3 Depth
54 Table
Thin to sl th girdle
No Cutlet
VG Polish
G Symmetry
no flourescense

A couple pinpoints on top and a feather on the bottom, hard to see even with a loop. But I went for it, I pick it up tonight. $6500 set in simple thin platinum setting. Hopefully I did alright. Close friend of a co-worker so I trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results