• Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I use a different wedding band too

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm curious what others reasons are for traveling with a wedding ring that is different than your everyday one. And do you replace your band too?

Truly just being nosey and wondering how common certain reasons are and if there are others I haven't thought of :mrgreen2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wear a plain platinum band for the following reasons:

1) it's no one's business what I own or don't own. I don't care if people think I am poor.

2) don't want to draw attention to myself in a place where I am not familiar

3) theft

4) loss

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear "fakies" when I believe my diamonds may get damaged, lost or stolen. I can't say it has anything to do with attention; my "fakies" are larger than my ER (what can I say? I love big bling...even if it's not real...lol!) ;)2
I switch out my WR, too, for the same reasons. However, the bands I switch out are smaller & more plain.
I must admit, I miss my diamonds, when I'm not wearing them. I can't wait to get home & switch them out!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding bands match my travel ring. My DH and I are not "sentimental." We have been married 14 years, have two young kids and diamonds and rings are just carbon and metal to us. My apologies to anyone who holds more sentimental regard to rings.....

My travel ring was just to have something pretty to wear on my hand. IF I wanted to wear something. My kids do some crazy sports and I have followed. Ski racing and skiing really do not go with diamond rings. Tight fitting gloves and bleary-eyed travel schedules just don't mix. BUT If I want to go out for a fancy dinner after a comp with friends, I'm not wearing my diamond (s.)

So I wanted something that looked beautiful and would mimic the size that I usually wear.

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have one so I don't have to worry about it being lost, stolen, or damaged on vacations but still have a lil bling. I also have a plain platinum band with no sentimental value I could wear with it once we're married.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When we go camping, I don't want to risk damaging my daily wear diamond eternity band, so I have a cheap but nice looking stainless steel band that I wear. I'd be crushed if I lost my band in the river! Insurance may be able to replace it, but you can't replace the sentimental value.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Where I go depends on what I wear.
I do have international insurance on my more expensive Jewellery, but if traveling to a third world countries, I leave the diamonds at home.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t want to be robbed for sentimental reasons. They can have my cheapies!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just purchased a OEC moissanite recently. I wanted to see if I would like it. I've previously only had rings with brilliant cut diamonds. My diamond is insured but it took a while for me to upgrade to this size and find the ONE, so I would be devastated if I lost it, damaged it or got robbed.
Buying the moissanite allows me to see if I like the cut and also lets me wear something sparkly for those occasions when I'm afraid I might damage my real stuff.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! And I wear only my real wedding rings.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wear my diamond wedding ring and a cheapish RHR. I found out that when I “leave my rings at home” I have a nervous breakdown every few hours “OMG where is my ring!,,,,,,” mini heart attack then, phew, I remember now it’s at home.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my stuff isnt that nice...so I just wear what I already own..normally if on vacation I wear my 5 stone and that is it

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love the fakes...bling is bling. Leave the diamonds in the safe and call it a day. If I lose something, or it gets stolen, I have 0 worries.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like travel rings, because I can try cuts and colors in moissanite or CZ, which I can’t afford at this moment to buy in diamonds. I like versatility.
And if I don’t like it, it’s not a problem!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought a fashion ring with a blue stone while on holiday in Las Vegas. I would have travelled with my ER but my fiancé was worried in case something happened to it, we could recreate it but not replace it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fingers swell in hot weather and my ER and wedding band get tight. So I have a slightly larger simple WG band with a few inlaid diamonds (the whole thing cost maybe $250 CAD) that I wear when traveling (to hot destinations like the Caribbean or Mexico) instead. I wear my wedding set for all other travel, because I don't feel like mine is blingy enough to pose any kind of risk of theft. But if it were stolen, it's simple enough and inexpensive enough to replace (mine is slightly less than a half carat, set in a simple cathedral style platinum solitaire, with a thin pave 0.25 carat band).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results