shape
carat
color
clarity

Reasonable price for emeral cut diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

obm49

Rough_Rock
Can someone give me advice as to whether or not $3,000 is a good price for this diamond?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Shape: "Emerald cut"
Certificate: EGL
Carat Weight: 1.15ct
Color: D
Clarity: VVS1
Depth: 74.3%
Table: 66%
Girdle: Thin
Fluorescence: None
Dimensions: 7.21 x 4.87 x 3.62mm
Finish Grade: Very Good

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
I agree with Leonid mostly. It just sounds like a "too good to be true" price. Couple other things. Lab report could be wrong. Although some folks have good things to say about EGL, others don't. I would definitely have the diamond checked by someone indpendent of the sale.I would also encourage you to check out Dave Atlas www.gemappraisers.com website. It has some good general guidelines on cut for fancy shapes like emerald cuts. One thing that "sticks out" a little is the depth. It appears to be a pretty deep stone. It would also be helpful to know the makeup of the depth, meaning the crown height and pavilion depth.Don't want to turn you off the stone, because it may be a very good deal. I would again just encourage you to have it checked out.Good luck.E

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
Just another note as a way of comparison. I purchased my wife's emerald cut diamond last year from an internet vendor. He had (and continues to have) some of the lowest prices on the net. Here are the specs:1.19ct, F color, VVS2 clarity. Table - 65% and Depth 64.4%, no fluorescence, Polish and Symmetry - Very Good. (Forgot to mention, it had a GIA lab report).As a point of reference, I purchased the above stone for a little over $5,800 and from all the research I did, it was a very good price. Hope that helps.E

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
If the grading report is correct and the diamond is as represented, $3,000 is VERY good price.Where did you find such a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results