shape
carat
color
clarity

Really need feedback please before I pull the trigger

Jebraca

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

This is my first post, although I have been an avid reader of this forum for the last few months.

The thing is that I am running out of time before the proposal and with limited budget, I need to start getting things done.

I just put this diamond on hold:

0.70 Carat H-VVS2 Excellent Cut Round Diamond

Rock Image:
http://tinypic.com/r/nlerg0/8

GIA Report:
http://tinypic.com/r/214pmyd/8

Price: 3,163 AUD

My budget is around 3,000 AUD

My selection criteria is:
1. Cut
2. Clarity
3. Color
4. Carat

I know that in order to get 'eye-clean' I do not necessarily need to go for VVS2, but it just happened that this particular diamond has got such clarity. This one also has medium fluorescence and that is something I like.

HCA returned 2.4 though, so I am not sure if I should be overly concerned about it, since I do not have the chance to see the rock in person and since I am not 100% sure if dimensions are great on this one or just average.

I do not have Ideal Scope image but I am planning to request it.

I guess, what I would like to get is honest feedback in terms on whether you see any major flaws or whether this could be a great purchase.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Ps: I am not native English speak, so please bear with me in case I am not expressing myself correctly! :)

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP, looks like it could be a very nice stone, there is much to like and I don't see a major problem. Please post an ASET image if you get it. Love the fat arrows with 75% lower girdle length.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That crown and pavillion angle are very borderline.
I would not buy that stone without an idealscope. It could be fine, or it could have significant leakage.

If your vendor doesn't provide idealscope images I would pass on it and buy from a vendor that does. And try to keep the HCA score under 2.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results