shape
carat
color
clarity

Really Excited About Potential Photo Shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey brides!

I know I''m not a bride anymore, but I''m super excited about a potential opportunity to work with a photographer to redo our wedding photos.

I connected with a woman who recently moved to the area and is trying to build up her portfolio so she''s looking for weddings to shoot. She has over ten years of experience, but her old employer owns the rights to all her photos so she needs to start over. She also knows a hair stylist/MUA who wants to work on the shoot for her portfolio, too.

Our professional wedding photos were horrible, so we don''t have a wedding album or even any professional photos from our wedding day. If these turn out well we could finally put something together to make a real album!

I''m so excited! I hope I still fit into my dress . . .

Thanks for listening. I''ll let you know if it works!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh, best of luck, Haven!! I remember how awful your photographer experience was, and I can''t begin to imagine how upset I would have been in your shoes. I bet a shoot like this one, with pro hair/makeup and all, would be a TON of fun!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, I am so happy for you Haven!!
36.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Haven, that sounds great!! Are you going to try to re-stage some of the wedding, or are you going to do some fun and different stuff that you never could have done on the day? Or a little of both? I hope you get some amazing photos from this!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Wow Haven, that''s awesome. And darling, you are a little stunner, I am sure you are not only going to fit into your gown, you are going to look damn awesome in the process!!!

Can''t wait to see your pics!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news Haven-I remember how disappointed you were with your photos so hopefully this will work out great!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing in my enthusiasm, ladies! I''m really excited about the prospect of having some good pictures.

Honey--You are really sweet, thank you! I hope you''re right!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''m SO excited for you!!! I know the feeling of hating all your wedding pictures... mine were absolutely horrible and we haven''t picked out any for an album (even though the album was already paid for) because we really can''t bring ourselves to look at them. For my birthday my husband surprised me and set up a whole re-take session with a different photographer a few months after our wedding and while I still wish our wedding pictures had come out nicely, I LOVE the re-takes!! It makes me feel SO much better now that we have some beautiful pictures of the two of us dressed up in our "wedding clothes" for us to frame and hang up! I''m so excited for you and I really hope it works out!
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a fabulous time! I''m so sorry that your pro-pics from your big day weren''t what you dreamed of, but hopefully this will give you an opportunity to have beautiful pics of you and your hubby all dressed up!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Haven, that`s so exciting!!! You guys will have a lot of fun!!
36.gif
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great Haven! I hope you finally get the wedding pictures you deserve!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy for you Haven! I know how disappointed you were in your original photos. Crossing my fingers for you!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
What great news, Haven! I hope this all works out, after the photography fiasco that you had. I look forward to seeing your new and improved pics!
4.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, I'm so excited for you! I know how disappointed you were in your wedding photos, and as someone who can relate, having a "do-over" will be even better than you could have imagined! You'll look absolutely gorgeous, and it's a huge advantage to know which pics yhou want to take without the stress of an entire reception of people waiting on you!

Are you going to do a trash the dress type of shoot or just formals?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Best of luck Haven!!!!! That''s AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I got such a huge smile on my face when I opened this thread, Haven! I know how disappointed you were with your photos, and I''m happy it looks like you will have the chance to get some photos you will truly love.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Haven, that would be incredible! I''m so excited for you!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!!

any reason to wear the gown again and look fabulous is ALWAYS a good thing!!!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic news!!! I can remember how upset you were about the photos.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Haven this is so exciting! Just saw this. I hope it all works out!!! Hehe even a great motivation for the BfL!! When are you looking at doing them?

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
that''s awesome!!! so exciting!! i hope you post them here when you have ''em!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Haven - I really hope that this works out for you. What a wonderful gift to have photos you love.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for your support, everyone!

I''m really embarrassed to share this, but I don''t think we''ll be able to do the shoot because my dress doesn''t fit me in the chest area anymore.
39.gif
It''s actually much roomier on my thighs and waist, but it''s too tight to zip up the last two or so inches, I''m so crushed. I really wanted to have a shot at getting some nice pictures of us in our wedding outfits.

I''ve been doing the Bill Phillips Body-for-Life program and I''ve only lost about seven pounds thus far, so I really didn''t think my body would be that different. If anything I thought it would be too big, I never thought that I would have gained actual muscle mass that makes it too small. It was so fitted to begin with in the chest because it''s strapless so I was really paranoid about it falling down, so I guess even an inch makes it impossible to zip up.

Now I''m just kicking myself for not hiring a professional right after our wedding. I think I''m going to have to look for someone who is skilled with Photoshop to try to make the pictures we have look halfway decent.

All of your comments mean a lot, thank you so much for caring. In the grand scheme of things I know crappy wedding pictures aren''t really a crisis. It''s taken me over a year to even look at them, so I know I''m getting over it.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Haven - is it possible to have it altered to fit again? If it''s only too tight in the chest area, maybe a seamstress could let it out a little so it would fit again and you would be able to take the pictures? If it can be altered to be tighter before the wedding, maybe it can be altered to be a little looser now... Just throwing that idea out there because I know how much you were looking forward to some new wedding pictures (and because I know how good it feels to finally have "new" good wedding pictures after having original crappy ones).

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I second lilac... I would get it let out a bit. Or alternatively just do the photo shoot and then photoshop the gap out of the back of the dress. But I would do that photo shoot come hell or high water, because once more time passes you''ll never be able to do it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant you sort of "rig" the dress in the back so it looks like it fits from the front and just take all the pictures facing
front? I''m sure you could still get lots of great shots.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
What about pinning it down so it looks like the back kind of Vs down on purpose? Then just do a quick stitch under the zipper to keep it from unzipping. A little bit of white thread and some double-sided tape and I bet you''d be golden!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your suggestions, ladies.

I emailed the photographer last night and we''ve been discussing back and forth because she really wants to do the shoot, and so do I!

SO, we decided that I''ll bring some formal and cocktail dresses, and DH will wear a suit, and she''s going to take pictures of us in different locations just dressed up but not in our wedding wear. She also suggested that I bring our pup, Bailee, and we can have a "family" shoot, too, which I am really excited about.

I''m still bummed about not being able to get shots in my dress, but the way it is constructed it looks really obvious that the back isn''t fitting, and to pull it together is um, shall I say, not so flattering in the front because of the way it pushes the girls up.

The prospect of just having some nice photos of the two of us is really exciting, though, and I can''t wait. The photographer has some really interesting ideas, she wants to do an old fashioned shoot in front of some vintage cars that she has access too, which I think is going to be really great. I even have a vintage-style dress that I''m going to bring along.

We''re tentatively doing the shoot tomorrow, so if we do I''ll come back and share how it went!

Thanks again for indulging me in this thread. Maybe I''ll wait until I''ve reached my goal weight and musculature and get the dress altered so we can do a shoot with a pro in our wedding clothes. It could be for our 2nd anniversary, maybe.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi Haven
35.gif

I was thinking of you and wondering how the photo shoot went.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results