shape
carat
color
clarity

Really confused and need opinion on diamond and Idealscope

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for sharing this. Your story highlights everything I am experiencing with this. Even when it's not visible in normal conditions...I know it's there. If I stare at it hard enough with the tilting...I can see bits of it. It's driving me insane. Everywhere I have read...people say CUT is above everything else. I am just trying to decipher how important that is relative to the other combined stats for a stone. I think I will return this stone and go with WF just based on their upgrade policy alone.

I have had several stones throughout my marriage and I can tell you that you will never regret buying quality. For me, there is an immense satisfaction in no longer having to second guess what I have. That is not true for everyone - we all have different criteria and thresholds. I envy those that can impose quality vs. value on their purchases, make the best choice for themselves that they can, and move on with life. I just was not ever able to do this with my engagement ring diamond. It is just that important to me. I honestly am not trying to change your mind in either direction but years ago when I was making diamond purchases, I did not have the benefit of the education, internet, or forums like these. I knew that what I was seeing was lacking; I just didn't have the knowledge to know what it was in terms of cut or what to look for to make it better. Most of the time I was going with better clarity/color thinking that surely that would make a difference. By the time I starting learning, I was many dollars in and changing course was always expensive. If I have helped you in any way, I am happy. If I have muddied the waters further, I apologize. This situation just resonated with me in such a way that I felt I had to share my experience.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Do you have the liberty to have both stones at once...then compare them side by side?

cheers--Sharon

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even when it's not visible in normal conditions...I know it's there. If I stare at it hard enough with the tilting...I can see bits of it. It's driving me insane. Everywhere I have read...people say CUT is above everything else.
If knowing it's there is bugging you, you'll never be happy with this stone - it's not mind clean for you.
Cut IS above everything else - it's what makes a diamond a diamond and not just a lump of glass.
Unless you or your fiancée is colour sensitive, a G will be very white and a perfectly cut G will be a light show. I would expect you could possibly see a touch of tint if the G was face down next to an E on a pure white ground but it should be quite difficult to see it in a stone face up that's reflecting all the light around.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This video might be useful if you're worrying about the colour?

koolio2017

Rough_Rock
HI:

Do you have the liberty to have both stones at once...then compare them side by side?

cheers--Sharon
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Gonna ask the Mrs to buy the other stone. There's no issue with WF or BN return policies right? I hear they're great but have not used either personally. I am still within BN's 30 day policy.

koolio2017

Rough_Rock
If knowing it's there is bugging you, you'll never be happy with this stone - it's not mind clean for you.
Cut IS above everything else - it's what makes a diamond a diamond and not just a lump of glass.
Unless you or your fiancée is colour sensitive, a G will be very white and a perfectly cut G will be a light show. I would expect you could possibly see a touch of tint if the G was face down next to an E on a pure white ground but it should be quite difficult to see it in a stone face up that's reflecting all the light around.

Yea. We're deciding on the G stone. WF has assured me of their 30 day return policy so I might take a jump on it and compare the two.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea. We're deciding on the G stone. WF has assured me of their 30 day return policy so I might take a jump on it and compare the two.

I think nothing will help you more than seeing and comparing both stones side by side. It seems like you would always wonder "what if" if you don't do this. WF and BN's policies are both great. You will have the stone in a day or two after WF receives payment, which should give you plenty of time to evaluate and decide. PLEASE take pics and let us know what you see! This is always super informative for others!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results