color
clarity

Realistic bling wishlist for 2017

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I know! Another one of those! ;)) :lol:

I'll start:

1. A dressy Franck Muller watch (not the Richard Mille, that's just toooo expensive) - shown below
2. Set my ten 44pts diamonds into a full tennis bracelet, will have to purchase the extra diamonds needed
3. Something Cartier or VCA (I have so many on my wishlist, but will have to be selective and judicious)
4. Perhaps...just perhaps..get another pair of earrings, or upgrade my existing BGD ones..we'll see...

fm_watch.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea Phoenix. I like your list.

I'll be lucky to get 2 new things this year so I'm going to wish for a pink-peach oval sapphire mounted in Rose gold and maybe upgrade my RHR ruby or get some yellow sapphire earrings.

Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A reset?
A VCA piece. Haven't decided yet.

That is pretty much it.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is not very PS of me but I'm not sure I want any bling this year! Eventually I know I want some diamond drop earrings and a VCA Alhambra pendant (MOP or a blue stone, if one exists) but that's all. Maybe I've reached saturation point? Does such a thing exist??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix, hope you are having a happy and healthy holiday season! :wavey:
Love all your bling wishes for 2017 and especially that watch. Wow. :love:

Great thread topic and sadly I have to say I have nothing (well almost nothing :naughty: ) on my bling wish list for 2017. Though I do have one idea but doubtful it will come to fruition. But if it does I will share with PS I promise. ;))

Looking forward to seeing everyone's bling from hereon in and even past pretties because we can never get enough bling photos! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won't necessarily do these all this year, but...

1.Light yellow diamond halo ring

2. ruby ring

3. VCA Alhambra pendant

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1483108144|4110698 said:

2. ruby ring

3. VCA Alhambra pendant

DS, I just saw such a pretty light yellow diamond halo ring...will email you with link.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1483075375|4110639 said:

I'll be lucky to get 2 new things this year so I'm going to wish for a pink-peach oval sapphire mounted in Rose gold and maybe upgrade my RHR ruby or get some yellow sapphire earrings.

Marcy

Marcy, a pink-peach oval sapphire in RG? Sounds like yummy candy! :lickout:

Can't wait to see your upgrade or your yellow sapphire earrings either.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1483078385|4110645 said:
A reset?

That is pretty much it.

A reset for your new beautilicious stone? Which direction are you tending towards? Are you able to share some details yet?

VCA is so addictive!! **sigh**!! lol

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1483091182|4110659 said:
I know this is not very PS of me but I'm not sure I want any bling this year! Eventually I know I want some diamond drop earrings and a VCA Alhambra pendant (MOP or a blue stone, if one exists) but that's all. Maybe I've reached saturation point? Does such a thing exist??

Sacrilege!! :lol:

Hehe, j/k!! I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. You want what you want...or not!!

Blue? I love love blue Sèvres porcelain (see pic below), but apparently it's not readily available. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, I'm sure. :rodent:

Diamond drop earrings sound great too. I want some myself. :naughty:

vca_blue.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a slightly over 10ct blue zircon that needs to be set. Plus over the years I ended up with lots of pink sapphire and tsavorite melee....Probably too much...lol I will have to pull my ideas together on this one. Likely will be one big honking ring but I wear a 8-8.5 so I can handle it. :D

If I can get it together it will be the only thing I do for 2017.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1483101502|4110672 said:
Hi Phoenix, hope you are having a happy and healthy holiday season! :wavey:
Love all your bling wishes for 2017 and especially that watch. Wow. :love:

Great thread topic and sadly I have to say I have nothing (well almost nothing :naughty: ) on my bling wish list for 2017. Though I do have one idea but doubtful it will come to fruition. But if it does I will share with PS I promise. ;))

Looking forward to seeing everyone's bling from hereon in and even past pretties because we can never get enough bling photos! :appl:

Hi Missy! :wavey:

I am indeed. I hope you are too.

He he, isn't that AMAZING?!! I'm not usually a watch person, as I have teeny tiny wrists and I only like men's watches but alas most men's watches look ridiculous on my child-like wrists. However, when i tried this on at a recent FM event, I was totally smitten. You might say it was love at first sight!! :lol:

I l :love: ove your beautiful new blue sapphire earrings. That should quench anyone's bling thirst for a while. :))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think no bling for me because we have house projects we want to do. And I want a greenhouse when this snow is gone! I am retired now and need to start growing vegetables so I have been told. :rolleyes:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe nothing in 2017 as 2016 was good to me with the purchase of Mayk's sapphire eternity bands and DH surprised me with a IDJ tennis bracelet. I have been ogling the diamond stud thread and huggies, though, so . . . .

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Set my Jeff White's EC Aqua with his Morganite traps as side stones
2. Re-set my mum's 1.8ct+ MRB in a convertible ring/pendant setting
3. Go Paraiba hunting with mochiko42 when I visit Hong Kong in Nov/Dec
4. Set some of the CSs I have already purchased

That should do it.

DK :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1483110861|4110713 said:
LLJsmom|1483078385|4110645 said:
A reset?

That is pretty much it.

A reset for your new beautilicious stone? Which direction are you tending towards? Are you able to share some details yet?

VCA is so addictive!! **sigh**!! lol

Yeah Phoenix. VCA is addictive and easy, cause it's all fabulous. I am considering a vintage bracelet, if I can get over the size thing. I would love something I don't have to take off. The stone pieces all have to come off on a daily basis, but not the gold pieces. This is for a super lazy person.

My reset is hard. I am really happy with how it looks right now, with the bands from Victor. It looks gorgeous and I am so happy with it...if I can ONLY get over the prongs, and the super skinny shank, and the straight basket, and the shank that does not exactly match the bands, and my paranoia about the girdle being not protected. Geez, that's a lot. When I look at the unbelievable beauty that is my eternity band of single cuts from Victor, I think that I could just love a halo from him. But then what if it makes the center stone look darker?!

I have always loved the anne marie, my absolute first love of all of Victor's settings. But I realized IRL I like the bright cut pave setting more. So I was just thinking this might be an option, cause I love a round in a cushion halo. I know. I'm weird.
https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/split-band-halo-solitaire

Then I consider a three stone, but then the balance of angles and proportions are so important for a three stone. What if it looks like a mush of sparkle? I know that a 3 stone is very ME. But would a halo be better? Or leave it as a solitaire, which would be the easy way out. But I am up for a change. And I still worry about the girdle. Yeah, I'm all over the place with this reset.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, I love that cushion halo split-shank setting, LLJsmom!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've pretty much gotten a few of the basics off of my wish list this year already (ACA upgrade + reset in VC halo, upgraded ACA studs). I would love to add another blingy VCA piece to my collection as well for 2017.

Can't wait to see what you add next to your amazing collection, Phoenix! :sun: Your annual thread on new pieces is always one of my favorite SMTB reveals for the year!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2017 will be blingless I hope. I am planning to save the downpayment for another house so I can hopefully earn passive income in the long run by renting it out.

I will hopefully be going to VCA in a few weeks and if I do end up liking one of the bracelets I may pick one up as my one exception for 2017.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1483110764|4110711 said:
marcy|1483075375|4110639 said:

Marcy

Marcy, a pink-peach oval sapphire in RG? Sounds like yummy candy! :lickout:

Can't wait to see your upgrade or your yellow sapphire earrings either.

Thank you Phoenix. I found a wonderful pink-peach oval Sapphire when I bought my yellow sapphire this year but I was looking for something to put in a platinum setting I had already so I stuck with my plan. Of course I keep thinking about that pretty sapphire. :bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1483108144|4110698 said:

2. ruby ring

3. VCA Alhambra pendant

Yellow and red? Soon, you'll have a full rainbow!! Can't wait to see!! :appl:

Can't wait to see your new VCA pendant either. Will it be MOP or (yellow) gold?

(I dunno if I'll get round to fulfilling my wishlist in 2017 either. My priority is the FM watch.
. Btw, I sometimes wish I'd never discovered VCA! **sigh**)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1483111719|4110721 said:
I have a slightly over 10ct blue zircon that needs to be set. Plus over the years I ended up with lots of pink sapphire and tsavorite melee....Probably too much...lol I will have to pull my ideas together on this one. Likely will be one big honking ring but I wear a 8-8.5 so I can handle it. :D

If I can get it together it will be the only thing I do for 2017.

It'll be fabulous!! Look forward to seeing it, Arcadian!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After a long bling drought of not buying or particularly wanting anything (gasp!) I'm planning a fun dress/cocktail type ring for 2017. I've been on a year's maternity leave until now, so now that I'm back at work, I'll be saving my pennies for something glittery.

I'm hoping to find a pillowy shaped, fat/slightly rectangular cushion cut stone of some description, still unsure as to what, but I'd like a pastel shade of pink, peach or a mint or seafoam green. I'd set it in rose gold just for something different, but if I find the perfect yellow stone I'd do yellow gold, most likely. I've seen a setting I love, now to work backwards and find a suitable stone.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing too crazy ... I just want to have my 5-stone ring made. I have the 5 OECs (two 4mm, two 4.7mm, one 5.7mm), and a couple designs in mind, but suffering analysis paralysis over some of the details. :???:

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great thread!

I have a ton... maybe not so realistic! :naughty:

Likely:
Diamond band
Ruby and diamond band
Cartier love bracelet
BGD huggies already ordered

Unlikely
Diamond stud upgrade
Diamond drop earrings
Something VCS
Small ring project with a stone I have

And... to my PS mom, Pinto, I don't believe you ;-)

Looking forward to a great year. Happy new year to all!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread but it's dangerous! :naughty: I have a few things in mind but not sure what will happen this year...

1. I have my eye on a 2+ carat antique cushion...
2. Diamond hoops or antique diamond drop earrings
3. VCA carnelian earrings
4. Upgrade diamond studs (this could probably wait bc my current studs are nice for everyday wear)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1483116684|4110756 said:
I think no bling for me because we have house projects we want to do. And I want a greenhouse when this snow is gone! I am retired now and need to start growing vegetables so I have been told. :rolleyes:

We all have competing needs. Just the other day, DH was telling me we'd need to start doing some renovations around the house! Renovations?!! :o Noooooo, I need my bling, I don't need a nice new roof or a nice new fence and an electric gate etc etc!! :nono:

Seriously though, I think my bling budget has been severely curtailed, truth be told!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd just like a pair of diamond huggies this year. I recently bought a wedding band so it may have to wait till later in the
year though. :((

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these lists!

Like Snowdrop, I'm pretty much satiated. At this point, I do feel that to get very much more would be a waste of money for me. I like substantially bigger jewlry as I get older and certainly can't afford large real pieces, so have found the amazing sparkle and stunning designs of Swarovski crystal to be a great substitute.

I do still think about Kiki McDonough pieces, such as the peridot studs with diamond halo - and I think about commissioning a Kiki bee pendant in white gems and white metal (a wintry version of the citrine Kiki bee that I already have). I also love some of her lavender amethyst pieces, but they're too expensive for me to be comfortable. (I just don't want to pay 2k for a piece that has only a semi-precious stone and no diamonds.)

I also sometimes think about that nice big white gold ice skate pendant with the diamond eyelets and diamond blade. Hmm...

However, I get on with my daily life and I don't think about those pieces much...When I want a piece, I usually keep thinking about it.

The upshot is that I'm not sure I'll buy anything this year.

I just bought some lovely pieces from the Welsh brand Clogau, which I discovered on a cruise in the ship's store, and I also found an independent jeweler while on New Year vacation. From him, I bought a stunning 18k yellow gold dragonfly pendant, whose wings are lifted in flight, with a diamond body, at a steal of a price.

And I also bought four pieces in the Swarovski sale. And also a Links silver necklace.

IT"S GOT TO STOP! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results