shape
carat
color
clarity

Real-world difference: Super Ideal Lab-grown vs mined diamonds?

dumbo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Who here has seen a super ideal mined diamond vs a super ideal lab diamond up close? My wife has jewelry from both Whiteflash and Brian Gavin: I am in the process of buying her a nice pendant and would like some context. Thanks!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen both. There's no real-world difference when the lab-grown is from good rough (i.e. no blue nuance for HPHT; no striations, blue or grey tint, haziness, or birefringence for CVD).

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
I just received my two 1.88ct each (EVS1 and EVS2 respectively) super ideal GCal 8x lab grown diamonds (HPHT method, no blue nuance) and there is no difference comparing them to my two super ideal mined CBI's. I'm honestly blown away. Will post a thread showing them together in next couple of days!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have seen many over the past couple of years. I have seen lab growns that bedazzle and those that fizzle. In my opinion, there is no excuse for poor cutting in Lab Growns as the starting crystals are so cheap in comparison to a Natural starting crystal.

If you get a top cut lab grown diamond, you are going to be a very happy camper!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Who here has seen a super ideal mined diamond vs a super ideal lab diamond up close? My wife has jewelry from both Whiteflash and Brian Gavin: I am in the process of buying her a nice pendant and would like some context. Thanks!

I have a lab grown GCAL 8X and a natural ACA. If the two diamonds had the same size, clarity, and color there would be absolutely no way to tell which was which. The lab diamond looks genuinely incredible - just like the natural diamond.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero way to sell a true super ideal lab stone cut to precise optical symmetry from the same precise cut in an EGD. For example, Jann Paul cuts their decagon in both EGD and LGD and with the same specs they'd be indistinguishable

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Since those precision cuts are from vetted rough, you can sleep at night. Neither of those vendors would put out anything less than top of the line crystal on a precision cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results