shape
carat
color
clarity

Real Time Online 3D Modeling Tool for Loose Diamonds and Simple Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RingHunt

Rough_Rock

Thanks again, for the people who have tested it. I'm just happy it seems to be working in everyone's browsers, and it's something of a useable product at this point.

Oh yea, doing emerald cuts with 2 rings is messed up. I forgot to fix that.

I might add an Asscher cut to the list.

I will be adding basket and bezel heads soon. It already does 3 stones rings, but I turned it off. A 3 stone ring with tiffany heads for all 3 stones would look pretty dorky!

I also will be upgrading the weight estimating soon so it takes the stone’s depth and ratio into account. This will make for pretty close estimates.

I would like to make it look nicer, better rendering, colors, flashing, and such, but my priority is a true CAD model that can be exported for manufacturing.

Thanks,

Paul

boonerings

Shiny_Rock

Hi Paul,

It looks like your model will be a good tool for people trying to visualize the difference between stones like .88 carat and .95 carat side by side. People ask about that a lot on the forum here. It also helps give a sense of proportion to a ring when the ring size and stone size can be input. You can plainly see that a 1/3 carat stone gets lost on a size 12 ring, or a 3 carat stone overwhelms a size 3 ring. It''s nice to see it in scale. It seems straightforward enough to use. Nice program.

Bruce

RingHunt

Rough_Rock

3dTool.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results