shape
carat
color
clarity

*real* Tiffany six-prong setting... how much $???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IaMMoYY

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I am just curious about how much a *real* classic Tiffany six-prong setting in platinum for a 1.5ct diamond will cost from Tiffany & Co. I notice that some people are very serious in getting as close a replica as possible, so I would like to know how much the cost difference is. Thank you!
28.gif

Oh, also, will Tiffany &Co just sell the setting w/o the stone? Again, thanks.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I could be wrong here, but Tiffany doesn''t sell the setting without the diamond that comes in it. They say that they don''t sell it because they wouldn''t want someone to put a non-Tiffany diamond in there fearing that it would not be an ideal cut diamond and then that would represented as Tiffany quality. This is why people are always looking for the closest replica. It is not b/c the setting costs too much, it is that you can''t get it without buying the diamond that goes in it..and that diamond is usually priced higher than a lot of people want to pay!

IaMMoYY

Rough_Rock
Hello Fortheloveofdiamonds, thank you for showing me the other perspective.
28.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh ya! I don't know if you were interested in how much a Tiffany ring is for 1.5c. When I went in there when I first began my search a 1.5c, G VS1 was $21,800 (in Washington State)

I ran a ps price search for a 1.5c G VS1 and the prices were ranging from $11, 161 to $13,851. Then the cost of a good Tiffany replica in platinum is about $800-$1200 or something like that (guess!)....

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So a follow-up question is... Will Tiffany "reset" a diamond that you already own (especiallly if it is obvious that it is a very good cut...)

Perry

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
No. Tiffany will not reset your stone, no matter how nice.

In my opinion, purchase a stone elsewhere. The thing that bothers me personally is that their stones are not technically ''the best'' on the market. (They are certainly nice, but not the only pretty stones available.) The markup is just just not worth it to me, especially for diamonds.

I''d rather purchase through a great dealer, save some money and invest that money in something that will appreciate in value over time.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I called Tiffany to have a diamond set into a pendant style they have (the diamonds by the yard) and they WILL NOT set a loose diamond into their setting. I ended up have a replica made by a local custom jeweler.

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results