shape
carat
color
clarity

REAL OR FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbryant1206

Rough_Rock
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/LAFFINS-GEMZ__W0QQ_armrsZ1 . Ive bought several gems from this guy they look unbelievable I dont know wear to go to find out if there real they are beautiful . most of my local jewlers are a joke they either eye hump my wife or low ball the apprasales i.e 1.76 ct moss green vvs sapphire with slight color change $650 .

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked them out when I was looking for the padparadscha sapphire since the pics looked nice, but the prices were ridiculously low and when I asked them questions, their answers made me kind of skeptical (I'm thinking their pads are BE diffused given their price and their answers).

If you want to know if they're real, I'd send them into AGTA to be tested (they are arguably the most qualified and most respected appraisers of colored gemstones). A local jeweler/gemologist can probably identify if it's a sapphire, but probably don't have the tech to determine if it's been BE treated etc.

azelismia

Rough_Rock
Trade
you can send it in to a lab for appraisal.. but the number you put on a moss green sapphire doesn''t seem unreasonable. I have spent the last month reading about sapphires nad it seems the one major thing I''ve learned is the two least valuable colors in sapphire and green and black. black with the lowest value and green closely on it''s tail. 675 seems like a pretty nice figure for what you described. I could be completely wrong.... but from the way you have phrased things I wonder if you''re giving your local jewelers an honest try or if you''re just upset because they aren''t telling you what you want to hear?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 1:10:31 PM
Author:kbryant1206
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/LAFFINS-GEMZ__W0QQ_armrsZ1 . Ive bought several gems from this guy they look unbelievable I dont know wear to go to find out if there real they are beautiful . most of my local jewlers are a joke they either eye hump my wife or low ball the apprasales i.e 1.76 ct moss green vvs sapphire with slight color change $650 .
This post does not sound real to me.

kbryant1206

Rough_Rock
its real trust me

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 1:10:31 PM
Author:kbryant1206
23.gif

kbryant1206

Rough_Rock
yes the guy creeps us out its sad .

kevin 1.JPG

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would think $200 - $300 per ct for the green sapphire sounds about right. In a full retail environment, maybe $300 to $500 per ct.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took one look at the photos and realized he''s one of those infamous sellers that buys everything from Thai sellers on ebay and then resells the merchandise. No offense to Thai sellers, but much of what they sell is treated, synthetic and dubious. There are some good sellers, but I don''t trust most of them.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Kevin, if the girdle on your green sapphire is as abraded as it looks in that picture, you got a more than generous appraisal figure.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 9:12:08 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Kevin, if the girdle on your green sapphire is as abraded as it looks in that picture, you got a more than generous appraisal figure.
absolute ditto - did you buy the stone like that?!
6.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 2:12:52 AM
Author: arjunajane

absolute ditto - did you buy the stone like that?!
6.gif
Thritto - it looks pretty bad.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 1:31:52 PM
Author: kbryant1206
its real trust me
I have a strange need to see what your wife looks like.
9.gif

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Is it an abraded girdle, or is it casting porosity showing up through the stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results