shape
carat
color
clarity

Ready to buy, thoughts before I do?

DrVine

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am from Toronto Canada and looking to lock in a diamond I have had my eyes on for some time. After some back-and-forth negotiation with the local jeweler, we arrived to a satisfactory price. I honestly love the stone, I've been searching for quite a while and have looked at dozens of stones so have a tiny bit of experience with looking through a loupe and it certainly appears to be one of the clearer ones I have seen. My biggest concern is that the certificate is not GIA but rather Toronto-based GS Laboratories which seems to be a popular provider in Canada; however, I have read several negative reviews regarding their appraisals.

Any thoughts/advice/feedback you can provide would be extremely helpful. I know that I am buying the stone, not the paper, however I also want to ensure that I am receiving a fair price. (I can provide zoomed in photos with iphone 7plus camera if it helps). Many thanks in advance!!!

The specs on the cert are as follows..

Cut: Emerald
Dimensions: 7.52x5.44x3.85
Weight: 1.47ct
Clarity: VS-1
Colour: E
Cut: Very Good

I have been quoted CAD$13,000 (~USD$9,850) for the stone.

DrVine

Rough_Rock
Bump

Complete newbie here, so any advice/thoughts/opinions would be welcome. Thanks!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy cuts can't be bought by numbers alone - we need to see video to evaluate the cut and see how the facets turn on/off. It's also extremely helpful to have an ideal scope or ASET to evaluate the stone's light return. You could try posting your photos but it still might be hard to tell. As for price, I think it's in line with other vendors.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics needed; no way to tell about the cut of the stone (which affects its sparkle).

J3n

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am from Toronto Canada and looking to lock in a diamond I have had my eyes on for some time. After some back-and-forth negotiation with the local jeweler, we arrived to a satisfactory price. I honestly love the stone, I've been searching for quite a while and have looked at dozens of stones so have a tiny bit of experience with looking through a loupe and it certainly appears to be one of the clearer ones I have seen. My biggest concern is that the certificate is not GIA but rather Toronto-based GS Laboratories which seems to be a popular provider in Canada; however, I have read several negative reviews regarding their appraisals.

Any thoughts/advice/feedback you can provide would be extremely helpful. I know that I am buying the stone, not the paper, however I also want to ensure that I am receiving a fair price. (I can provide zoomed in photos with iphone 7plus camera if it helps). Many thanks in advance!!!

The specs on the cert are as follows..

Cut: Emerald
Dimensions: 7.52x5.44x3.85
Weight: 1.47ct
Clarity: VS-1
Colour: E
Cut: Very Good

I have been quoted CAD$13,000 (~USD$9,850) for the stone.

Literally just returned my diamond engagement ring because the diamond is not as per stated on receipt.

Fine Gold Jeweller and The Diamond Company sold us a diamond of:

1 Carat
F colour
VS2
Very good cut

The reality (2 appraisals as proof):

1 Carat
H/I colour
SI1
Good cut

Very dishonest company; they did not offer us the refund either. We had to fight for it for months. After all the stress and we re short on costs for 2 appraisals.

Ohh and they want us to sign a FINAL and FULL settlement with a confidential clause. Obviously, they are hiding something when they with hold our refund to try and force us to sign something like that.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That is bad...

Start a new thread. PS will help you.

Reactions: J3n

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holding you to ransom. Disgraceful!

Reactions: J3n
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results