shape
carat
color
clarity

Ready to buy; please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ctyc

Rough_Rock
I was here on the forum back in January and we are now ready to buy. The following is the proportions of the diamond.

1.71 F/VS1
Table - 57.3%
Depth - 60.5%
Crown Angle - 34.7 degree
Pavilion Angle - 40.6 degree
Girdle - 0.8% - 3.2% faceted
Culet - Very small
Polish - Ideal
Symmetry - Ideal
Fluorescence - Negligible
AGS Ideal cut
HCA score - 0.8

I will have Idealscope and ASET images and the Sarin report tomorrow and will then upload. In the meantime, any thoughts anyone? From what I can see, other diamonds that are like this particular one are all going for anywhere between $20k-$24k. Does that sound about right?

Thanks.

ctyc

Rough_Rock
Sorry, forgot to mention, it is a round brilliant. Thanks again.

ctyc

Rough_Rock
Also forgot to ask, is the "very small" culet bad? I have read that as long as it is smaller than medium, it cannot be seen by the naked eye. I was just wondering if it would affect the performance of the diamond and if it decreases the value of the diamond (considered a flaw).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ct,

The diamond shows great potential, I will look forward to the images when you get them! The culet is no problem - no worries there as it won't be visible to the naked eye - read more here - http://diamonds.pricescope.com/culet.asp . Pricing, it from an online vendor I assume?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good. No problem with very small culet.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a beautiful stone!

ctyc

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the preliminary thumbs up. I don''t have the pictures just yet, but will post as soon as I get them.

Also, I think that I may have just made my life a little harder. I found a 2.06ct yesterday and I am now confused as to which one I should go with. I don''t know how much these normally go for (online vendor), but it doesn''t seem to be too much of a price increase compared to the 1.71ct. Is a quarter carat difference (0.45mm) really even noticeable in size? I know that the difference between a F and G would be difficult to even tell, but my concern would be the VS2. I have attached a pic of the inclusions. I don''t know what to do. Please let me know what you all think.

2.06ct G/VS2 round brilliant
Table - 56%
Depth - 61.6%
Crown Angle - 34 degrees
Pavillion Angle - 41 degrees
Girdle - thin to medium (faceted)
Culet - None
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Cut - Excellent
Fluorescence - None
HCA score - 1.4

Hi Lorelei - I have been searching since the last time we chatted. I thought I was finally narrowing it down, but then the 2.06ct happened. What do I do? And yes, I am referring to internet vendors.

2ct smaller.jpg

ctyc

Rough_Rock
Here''s the inclusions plot for the 1.71ct just for comparison.

AGS10205501 inclusions.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
tough choice. Any way you can get Idealscope images?

My e-ring stone has almost the same numbers as the G and it's gorgeous but the first one looks like it would be gorgeous as well. Can you see the two together?

If the optics looked the same to me, i'd probably go with the second to break the 2ct mark. But if you place more value on color/clarity, then maybe stick with the 1.71..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 12:04:34 PM
Author: ctyc
Thanks all for the preliminary thumbs up. I don't have the pictures just yet, but will post as soon as I get them.

Also, I think that I may have just made my life a little harder. I found a 2.06ct yesterday and I am now confused as to which one I should go with. I don't know how much these normally go for (online vendor), but it doesn't seem to be too much of a price increase compared to the 1.71ct. Is a quarter carat difference (0.45mm) really even noticeable in size? I know that the difference between a F and G would be difficult to even tell, but my concern would be the VS2. I have attached a pic of the inclusions. I don't know what to do. Please let me know what you all think.

2.06ct G/VS2 round brilliant
Table - 56%
Depth - 61.6%
Crown Angle - 34 degrees
Pavillion Angle - 41 degrees
Girdle - thin to medium (faceted)
Culet - None
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Cut - Excellent
Fluorescence - None
HCA score - 1.4

Hi Lorelei - I have been searching since the last time we chatted. I thought I was finally narrowing it down, but then the 2.06ct happened. What do I do? And yes, I am referring to internet vendors.
35.gif

The 2.06 you just found shows great potential - can you get ASET or IS images for this diamond? VS2 should be eyeclean but check to be sure it is from all angles to be on the safe side, if so then it could make a super choice!

ctyc

Rough_Rock
Here is the IS image for the 1.71ct. I don''t know how to upload multiple images to one reply so they will be separated.

IS_AGS10205501.jpg

ctyc

Rough_Rock
Here is the ASET.

AST_AGS10205501.jpg

ctyc

Rough_Rock
Here is the 40X picture.

DI40X_AGS10205501.jpg

ctyc

Rough_Rock
Finally the Sarin. Is it me or does anyone else see the crystal in the 40X?

SARIN_AGS10205501.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see an inclusion/s off centre but it may well not be visible in reality, check with WF.

The images of the AGS0 show a small amount of leakage but it might not also be perceptible to the human eye. Will you be getting images for the 2 carater?

ctyc

Rough_Rock
Hi Lorelei, I am working on trying to get the images for the 2.06ct. It might be that I just have to purchase the diamond and take it to get the images myself since it is through Blue Nile.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results