shape
carat
color
clarity

Reading Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mkleibo

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a 2.15 radiant diamond in NYC. When I saw the diamond free of any setting it looked bigger than it does now in the setting. I thought stones were supposed to look bigger once set. I am starting to wonder if the jeweler swapped stones before mailing me the finishe product. I know that I have to get it appraised, but is this type of scam common. I hope not the jeweler I bought from is reputable and has been in business for 35 years.

The other thing I''m hoping someone can tell me is how to read the dimensions. My stones dimensions are:

8.22 X 7.01 X 4.29 (mm)

Does anyone know if this is L X W X D --- Because if this is correct...I took a ruler and measured and the numbers don''t add up.

Please Help!

reena

Ideal_Rock
yes, it''s LxWxD. but, it''s not really the kind of thing you want to measure with a ruler. don''t panic--you''re probably just psyching yourself out. just take it to an appraiser and you will be fine.

mind sharing from whom you purchased the stone?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
the measurements sound right for a 2.15 radiant --... please share the name of the jeweler, the price, the certificate type and all the info off of it. Trust me this is done ALL the time on this site.

mkleibo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your vote of confidence, but I''m using a tape measurer-- and the last time I checked a millimeter is a millimeter...what could possibly give?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
b/c tapemeasures and rulers are not calibrated very well for such small increments....................

mkleibo

Rough_Rock
The name of the Jeweler is Philmar Jewelers in NYC.

2.15ct
8.22 X7.01 X4.29
Length to Width = 1.18
Table 67
Traditional Depth 61.2
Girdle- Thin to Medium
Cutlet - None
Polish - Good
Symmetry - VG
Clarity - VS1
Color - H
Flour - None

Price 16,995

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
what kind of certificate GIA, EGL etc?

reena

Ideal_Rock
exactly--honestly i''ve done the same thing with my own stone just screwing around and it was way off.

mkleibo

Rough_Rock
GIA

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
dont know of philmar myself but they seem to have very nice "feedback" in so far as comments on pricescope................................. i searched for philmar and most of what i glanced thru looked great

mkleibo

Rough_Rock
what did you think about the price and dimensions...you think they sound right?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
so far i wouldnt be concerned.............the stone''s numbers look very nice and the measurements are very much in line with a well cut radiant.

maybe after spending many thousands of dollars you were expecting it to look huge..............trust me I have that problem!

mkleibo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help...once appraised I''m sure I''ll feel better...but I''ll seek you out and let you know the results. Thanks again.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
at this point i dont want to go into minute details about the stone itself.............but yes everything looks absolutely fine. If yuo want to reassure yourseld do a pricescope search (up top under diamond vendors) for 2.10 to 2.2 radiants..........check to be sure the ones you are looking at have similar dimensions and or measurements....................

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results