shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-sizing balls - Yes or No??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had re-sizing balls in their rings, and if yes, if you would recommend them? I''d love to see pics if you have any so I can see how they actually look in a ring.

Thanks heaps!
26.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of sizing beads in a ring. I don't personally recommend them though. I find them to be uncomfortable when taking a ring on and off. I much prefer a bridge and all of my rings now have a bridge at the bottom.

cmssizingbeads3.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the bridge......

cmsbridge05.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the info. Wow, the beads are definitely bigger than what I imagined! I can see why they would be uncomfortable. As I have stones on the inner side of my band, though, the bridge won''t work this time round.
8.gif

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone had any good experiences with them? All suggestions are most welcome!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no experience with sizing beads yet, but when I get myself over to GOG, I''m going to have a couple put into my five stone. The ladies there all love them and say they''re comfortable because they had their beads put in and then squished. Sort of sizing ovals. They''re supposedly easy to remove too, so I''ll probably try them because my ring spins and that annoys me.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Oh gemgirl that''s great to hear! As I have stones on the outer and inner sides of my ring, I can''t think of many other options. Squished beads?! Wow, I''ll definitely have to enquire about that! Thanks for your help!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had sizing beads in the past and found them to be comfortable...really did not notice them at all except for the fact that they prevented spinning.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend at work has it on her PC solitaire to keep it from spinning and she doesn''t notice them at all.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a personal thing. I don''t find them comfortable, myself.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I have them and they''re definitely more squished down than Catmom''s. I didn''t want beads, but my band is too skinny for a butterfly sizer, and Tiffany won''t do bridges
38.gif
. Most of the time, I don''t notice them but they can be pretty uncomfortable sometimes. They''re really not a satisfactory fix for me, because in the winter my ring still spins (not as badly as before, but they don''t stop it completely) and in the summer they often dig into my finger. Overall, they''re not awful but if you have the chance to get some other kind of sizer, I would.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
I have sizing beads in my RHR. When you have a heavier carat weight stone, it keeps it from spinning around your finger which it will do even when the ring is sized appropriately. I like them and don''t find them uncomfortable at all. They anchor the ring to your finger.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find sizing balls uncomfortable and much prefer a horseshoe sizer, you can do a search for a pic.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Mine are very small and don''t bother me. In fact I need bigger ones or a bridge (need to investigate that)
I also have sizing balls (shots) on my eternity bands from Signed Pieces. They are great and I''ve never been
bothered by them.

IMG_0158resizeShots.jpg

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for everyone''s comments! Hopefully when I go in, someone there will have a ring with sizing balls in it so I can give it a try. If they stop the ring from turning as well, that''d definitely be an added bonus! Now I suppose it just depends on how comfortable (or uncomfortable) they are!

Thanks everyone!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 5:11:33 PM
Author: bebe
Mine are very small and don''t bother me. In fact I need bigger ones or a bridge (need to investigate that)
I also have sizing balls (shots) on my eternity bands from Signed Pieces. They are great and I''ve never been
bothered by them.

bebe, I LOVE YOUR RING!!!!!!!! It''s beautiful!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
(sorry for the side track!)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 11:45:30 PM
Author: 04diamond<3

Date: 4/4/2009 5:11:33 PM
Author: bebe
bothered by them.

bebe, I LOVE YOUR RING!!!!!!!! It''s beautiful!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
(sorry for the side track!)
Thanks and I can''t wait to see your new pics!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had some that are about the size of Bebe''s. They seem to work OK, but after having a bridge put into one ring I won''t go back to the balls.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for everyones replies. It''s really helpful reading everyone''s experience with them...good or bad!

Thanks
26.gif

Futurmrss

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend cringed when I read him the title of this thread.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I have them and love them. I don''t feel them at all, and never have. I wore my rings for about 10 years before getting them, and they drove me crazy because they spun around all the time. My rings rarely spin with the sizing balls in.

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
I have sizing balls for my engagement ring (it''s top heavy and pave). I never notice them. Good luck with your decision :).

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Futurmrss: hee hee hee. I''m glad I could be of service?!

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
I will definitely go in to have a look. I just love that they have the potential to stop the ring from spinning...that drives me crazy too...always having to adjust! The jeweller never mentioned this, though, when she brought up the sizing balls. Hhhhmmm.....

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have them in 3 rings and I''m happy I did it; you don''t get used to them immediately, but I don''t notice them at all now - I hate spinning rings.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 10:40:38 PM
Author: Futurmrss
My boyfriend cringed when I read him the title of this thread.

HAHA!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
I had sizing balls in my eternity band and found them very uncomfortable. I would think twice about them, bridges are much better.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:04:33 AM
Author: Catmom
Here's the bridge......
cmsbridge05.jpg

Catmom... For those of us with bigger nuckles, does the bridge impede your ability to take the ring on and off? I know that sizing balls can hurt when taking the ring on and off, but it almost seems like the bridge would make the ring too small to get over the nuckle?

Thanks!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 7:44:37 AM
Author: Peachy

Date: 4/4/2009 10:04:33 AM
Author: Catmom
Here''s the bridge......
cmsbridge05.jpg

Catmom... For those of us with bigger nuckles, does the bridge impede your ability to take the ring on and off? I know that sizing balls can hurt when taking the ring on and off, but it almost seems like the bridge would make the ring too small to get over the nuckle?

Thanks!
Oh no, I have freakishly large knuckles which is why I need something. I have never had a problem getting the bridge over my knuckles. Like the beads it can be made with a smaller or larger arc, whichever is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results