shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-sizing balls for rings - Yes or No??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had re-sizing balls in their rings, and if yes, if you would recommend them? I''d love to see pics if you have any so I can see how they actually look in a ring.

Thanks heaps!

26.gif

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
My wife has them in a couple of rings (actually, one has bars, since the shank is quite wide). We put them in because these are signed pieces, and resizing them would have meant losing an assay or maker''s mark. In terms of comfort, she likes them - in fact I''d say better than a normal ring, since they prevent the ring from rotating without being too tight. As for looks, you''d never know they are there when you wear the ring; if you look at the ring unworn, they aren''t particularly nice. I''ll try to take pictures to show you.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
oldmancoyote...that would be great if you could take some pictures of them for me! I have been reading quite a few bad reviews about them...how they''re uncomfortable, cause painful friction when pressure is applied etc....so your wifes experience with them is great to hear. I, too, am unable to resize as I have stones on the outside as well as the inside of the band (spanning the circumference of the ring). Stopping the ring from spinning would be an added bonus also!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo I had them and they worked great! :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
That''s great to hear woobug02! So you find them comfortable as well? Did you also find that they stopped your ring from turning?

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I have them in my engagement ring as I have very small knuckles and the ring would slide right off, even though it''s the right side. Mine however aren''t balls, they look more like speed bumps. And I don''t even notice that they''re there, except my ring doesn''t fall off anymore! My opinion is that you should just do it. My jeweler put them in for about 20 dollars and he said that he would take them out for free if I didn''t like them.

asdfkl;.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many sizes can this correct for? Could I go down 2 sizes with it?
I''m looking into the resizing balls too because I bought a vintage ring that''s in too delicate condition to resize.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I had these in my first wedding band (sized down from 6 to 5) and they were very uncomfortable. I would not recommend getting them put in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results