shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-sizing a band with channel diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

astraea

Rough_Rock
I was wondering how it''s done to keep the integrity of the channel diamonds. I had my new ring re-sized but now I notice one side where the channel diamonds are slightly thinner than the other side. It''s only a small row and does not go around the entirety of the ring. You can see it when the ring is facing up. Out of sheer curiosity, could the re-sizing process have affected the width of the band face-up or am I just noticing something I didn''t see before? How do they resize a channel set band exactly? I figure they cut out a piece on the bottom but what about the top area? Is it melted down a bit as well so that it conforms to the new size easier? Thanks!

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Normally when resizing a channel set ring you have to remove all or nearly all the diamonds to reshape the channels so that the ring remains round. The width should remain the same however.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results