shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-setting or upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
My ex and I divorced last year, and I am finally thinking about resetting my diamond or even trading it for something different altogether. Does anyone know how this typically works with a jeweler? My stone is oval, 1.04 c wt., SI1, D color in a platinum tacori-style setting. Will a jeweler give me store credit for the diamond and/or setting if I want to create something new, and if so, what should I expect with regards to exchange? If I go with something more expensive, are they likely to give me at least close to what mine are worth as a trade? And does it make a difference if I go to the jeweler where the setting was originally purchased? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you want to exchange it, the best bet is the original jeweler. They very well may offer you a reasonable amount for the stone (just make sure that the price of the new stone isn''t jacked up to compensate for this).

If their offer is not to your liking (or not forthcoming), you might want to turn the stone into a pendant or something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results