shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-sale price of eternity band

300GCP

Rough_Rock
I'm wondering what I could get for my eternity band on the secondary market if I tried to sell it. It is a size 4.75 with 25 princess cut diamonds that are F/G in color and VS1-VS2 in clarity, 2.4 carat total weight. The diamonds are set in a white gold "u-ternity" style band. It appraised for $3,400, was purchased in NY for $2,800 (before taxes) and worn for only 6 months.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, probably half or less of what you paid. Diamond resells of any type are tough; did the store you purchased from have an upgrade policy or something where you could use the value of the band toward something else?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Judging by prices I see on eBay and the like, you would stand a chance of selling it if you were to ask $1600 or so, somewhat less if you sold to a dealer (who would then try to sell it for that price). That is, of course, also dependent on the pics you post, the feedback you already have, and the amount of buyer hassle you're willing to risk.

That said, it probably would make more sense to reuse the stones in a different piece, as per your other thread - why, nothing catching your fancy?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are most likely looking at getting back 1/2 of what you paid. If you like the stones, but just dont want an eternity band, reusing the stones in another project may be a better idea.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would guess less than half of cost, possibly quite a bit less. It depends somewhat on wear but 'used' wedding bands are not a popular item. Ebay is a decent place to look for comps but make sure you are comparing with true comps (used items being sold by individuals) and look at the 'completed auction'' section only so that you know you're looking at items that someone actually bought. Ebay is full of sellers who ASK for the moon. That's quite different from actually getting it. Even at that you have to be careful with ebay comps because you don't know if the buyer actually paid, if they were happy, if they returned it, if the seller misrepresented things, etc. Lastly, tweak the conclusion based on your own ebay skills. Some people are a lot better at this than others and it DOES make a difference. Only you know where you fall on the continuum.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I would estimate $500 to $700 max based on what I've seen second hand in my area

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results