shape
carat
color
clarity

Re:Rhino review

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rhino,

http://www.goodoldgold.com/giacutgrading.htm

re:The opposing theory (MSU) rewards diamonds with higher contrast as more leakage exists in the diamond. We have taught and agreed with the former since our knowledge of the subject.

We have not such theory. And of course we do not use( and never used before) something similar in our software. We do not analyse reasons of black zone during grade contrast

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/21/2005 2:03:09 AM
Author:Serg

Rhino,

http://www.goodoldgold.com/giacutgrading.htm

re:The opposing theory (MSU) rewards diamonds with higher contrast as more leakage exists in the diamond. We have taught and agreed with the former since our knowledge of the subject.

We have not such theory. And of course we do not use( and never used before) something similar in our software. We do not analyse reasons of black zone during grade contrast
Hi Serg,

I appreciate the feedback. I would agree with your comment "We do not analyse reasons of black zone during grade contrast". That is the point I was noting in the study. That being that the current versions of Gem Advisor (and DiamCalc) do not account for the light/dark areas of contrast but moreso on a light return/light leakage type of contrast. I would agree that leakage contrubutes to contrast but only when minimal or what I would refer to as "pin point" leakage like that found in classical girdle types. In my personal opinion, excessive leakage contributes to what I would consider to be negative contrast resulting in a more dismal looking diamond, not a more attractive stone. If there is something that I am misunderstanding Serg please point it out to me and I'll be happy to make any necessary corrections.

Kind regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results