shape
carat
color
clarity

RE: IDEALSCOPE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CDNBOY

Rough_Rock
hello all,

The last few months have been awesome. Why you may ask? The answer is THIS FORUM. I had no idea all the information there is to know about diamonds. I want to say thank you to everybody that makes this forum a success. Now a couple of questions.
I am a canadian boy and am wanting to buy my ering locally. I havent found any dealers that have Idealscope images to show me. Am i making a mistake not getting the image? Is it very important to get this information. I am looking for an AGS 000. Am i being safe in sticking with AGS certificate or should I be looking elsewhere? The main reason i like AGS is i get all of the info on the certificate and can use the HCA and AGA tools. Also can anyone suggest any retailers they have used in Canada? I am in Victoria, British Columbia. Again thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts.

Have a good day,

CDNBOY

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I did not post an image on your diamcalc request because it is meaningless unless yoy have a full 3D .ern Sarin file which shows the stones symmetry and minor facets.

you know the HCA score is good.
If the dealers will not produce an ideal-scope image for you then here are some options.
1. buy your own ideal-scope for $25 plus shipping (links in tools bar).
2. change suppliers
3. have the stone shipped direct to an appriaser on the list top right.

CDNBOY

Rough_Rock
Hi Garry,

I see that EGl canada is located in Vancouver. Would they be able to provide this information? What would i ask them to do? Can the stone be in the setting or can it be mounted? Is that part of the appraisal process or will it cost more?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You could use them, or you could select an appraiser anywhere else - you do not need to be present - the stone can and should be be shipped direct before you see it - and I doubt EGL (big organization) would let you be there in person for the grading - where as a smaller local appraiser might. But many lovcal appraisers may not be up to date with the latest cut grade info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results