shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-do Eternity Band! Yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
wow its beautiful! So you dont want to wear it with your ering? My w-band is similar (see avatar) but smaller in weight. 2.23ct total.
I plan to wear it with my ering, i hope it doesn''t look like "too much" with it.

Yours is amazing though! CONGRATS

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations it''s beautiful. That''s a lotta bling
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the pictures.

You have the best hands for wearing diamond rings!!!!! Very elegant.

And, both rings look amazing together and apart. I would also probably wear them apart to spread the bling as both rings can hold their own!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely sparkley band! Glad to hear that the jeweler righted their mistake!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!
23.gif
uncomfortable or not!!!! I''d be wearing that bling!!!! It''s gorgeous!
30.gif

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
MsCushion- why thank you!

Iloveprincesscuts- thanks!! I''m sure your band will look gorgeous with your e-ring! First of all, in the 2.23 ct weight I think that''s PERFECT for wearing with an ering. My first one that came in (2.4-2.5) looked good with my ering. This one''s a little chunky. Also, and perhaps most importantly, wearing a sparkly round diamond band with an asscher just really takes away from the asscher. The beauty of the asscher is looking into it and the sparkles just kind of mask the stone. I think the reason I like asschers is the same reason I like them on different hands. I like clean lines and am not super flashy. This spreads the bling.

MMT- thanks!!

Sharon- Thank you! I''m sure your hands are just as lovely! In real life my hands just look kind of big.

Clairitek- Thanks, agreed!

SparkleNut- Thank you! I agree. I think I''d get comfortable wearing just about anything with diamonds! I think the reason it''s comfortable for me is because my fingers are thinner at the base, so even though the band sticks out, there is a natural space there for it. In other words, I was born to wear diamond rings!
19.gif

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
It''s not too blingy on its own, is it? Now i''m nervous the first one was more appropriate. I figure this one I can grow into with time. My fiance is sentimental so he wanted to buy me one that I would have forever, that I wouldn''t try to upgrade later.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful on you!!!
36.gif

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you chiquitapet!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That is a stunner!
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2009 5:46:42 PM
Author: LoveDeco
It''s not too blingy on its own, is it? Now i''m nervous the first one was more appropriate. I figure this one I can grow into with time. My fiance is sentimental so he wanted to buy me one that I would have forever, that I wouldn''t try to upgrade later.
No, it''s not too blingy on it''s own. It looks very classy on your hand - so glad you are happy with it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! i love it - i really really love it! it''s perfect on you...and i really loved the other one too, but this one''s even better. yay!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Good to know that they fixed their mistake, too!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
AprilBaby, musey, missgotrocks, violet, thing2- thank you everyone for your kind words and for your encouragement and affirmation!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE:

We got the eternity band appraised yesterday and the jeweler said G-H VS-SI. It was just a verbal appraisal so I''m comfortable with his assertions. The band was supposed to be G SI1. He did say that 3-4 of the stones were a little loose and I should have it tightened before wearing it, but otherwise it is a well made piece. His ctw estimate was just from measuring the width of the diamonds with one of those caliper things and he estimated that they were all 15.5 pointers. I didn''t even know that half points was a possibility! Anyway, that puts it in the ballpark of 3.0 carats. He asked us if it''s supposed to be 3 and we said yes and he said well it''s impossible for him to know without taking the stones out of the setting, but we''re definitely within a few points of 3.0 cts.

The only thing that I noticed in comparing the band to his bands at the store is that mine is set higher up. My band does stick out more on the sides. Now I''ve been wearing it in the apartment to make sure it''s comfortable and it''s fine. It''s not SUPER comfortable, but I''ve been able to adjust to it. The one at the B&M store that fit me was slightly more comfortable, had one less stone, was 2.8ish ctw and was $1700 more!!! We weren''t at a super high end place, either, we went to a competitive store in the diamond district. In the end, the deal we got on this ring is unbelievable and I couldn''t ever own this sizable, and high quality, of an eternity band if we had bought it anywhere else. We got ours for well over $1000 less than the one at BlueNile!

Ok- end of story, finally. I can''t believe I have to wait until June to wear her!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:25:37 PM
Author: thing2of2
Good to know that they fixed their mistake, too!
Yes, I''m glad this story has a happy ending but I just wonder whether they''ve made any other ''mistakes'' with diamonds they''ve sold
23.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 10:07:10 AM
Author: LoveDeco
UPDATE:

We got the eternity band appraised yesterday and the jeweler said G-H VS-SI. It was just a verbal appraisal so I''m comfortable with his assertions. The band was supposed to be G SI1. He did say that 3-4 of the stones were a little loose and I should have it tightened before wearing it, but otherwise it is a well made piece. His ctw estimate was just from measuring the width of the diamonds with one of those caliper things and he estimated that they were all 15.5 pointers. I didn''t even know that half points was a possibility! Anyway, that puts it in the ballpark of 3.0 carats. He asked us if it''s supposed to be 3 and we said yes and he said well it''s impossible for him to know without taking the stones out of the setting, but we''re definitely within a few points of 3.0 cts.

The only thing that I noticed in comparing the band to his bands at the store is that mine is set higher up. My band does stick out more on the sides. Now I''ve been wearing it in the apartment to make sure it''s comfortable and it''s fine. It''s not SUPER comfortable, but I''ve been able to adjust to it. The one at the B&M store that fit me was slightly more comfortable, had one less stone, was 2.8ish ctw and was $1700 more!!! We weren''t at a super high end place, either, we went to a competitive store in the diamond district. In the end, the deal we got on this ring is unbelievable and I couldn''t ever own this sizable, and high quality, of an eternity band if we had bought it anywhere else. We got ours for well over $1000 less than the one at BlueNile!

Ok- end of story, finally. I can''t believe I have to wait until June to wear her!
Im glad it al checked out in the end.

I personally think you should not be too concerned with total caratage, but just get the size of stones that you like in your ring size.
My eternity band is too wide and its killing me in an annoying way, its just so damn irritating to wear!!!!

I think if you have any concerns, get it sorted now!!!

Not trying to worry you, but giving aqdvice from the heart!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results