shape
carat
color
clarity

RE: Art Deco Solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sassycatz

Rough_Rock
Well i received my ring yesterday and immediately booked it in for an appraisal, which was carried out today.
The ring was appraised with the stone in the mount and the results were as follows,
Diamond weight 1.0CT (sold as 1.10) colour H/I (sold as E or better) clarity of VVS1 (VVS1 or better) So thats 1 out of 3. Valuation was put at more than three times what i paid for it

Ive been back to the seller with this appraisal and obviously he wont accept the jewellers report and offered me a refund on it. I dont want to return the ring but there is a difference between grade E and H/I (jeweller said he could see an ever so slight pink tinge in the stone when held against a white background and natural light???)Seller says thats an unlikely tint as they are usually yellow or grey and also stated that a special measuring instrument other than what they use for modern stones should have been used to measure the carat weight for an old cut diamond accurately. Does this sound logical?

Please advise as what to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results