shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-apprasing a Tiffany ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
OK, so after my 6 weeks of intensive research here, I''m going to get my ring from Tiffany & Co. This is not because I like getting "ripped off" - although I am known to be penny-wise pound-foolish, but because knowing myself I am much more thrilled by the sentimental thought of being part of their history than having a larger stone. I''ve debated getting a bigger, possibly better-cut diamond online, but Tiffany''s has a romantic mystique that I am a sucker for - not to mention I think their settings asre the most beautiful I''ve seen (except Cartier, of course...)But I digress...
love.gif

I am getting my ring on Friday, and since the center stone is under 1 ct it only comes with a Tiffany certif. I am wondering if I should have it independently appraised for insurance purposes?
Also, I have heard on this forum that Tiffany;s labs grade as strictly as, say GIA, but would getting an independent appraisal to verify color, clarity, etc be advisable?

Please don''t flame me for buying from Tiffany!!
eek.gif
Just kidding!! I have learned sooo much more than I ever knew about diamonds, which actually makes me more comfortable with my decision (which is a recent realization). It''s not about "showing off" or "bragging" - nobody at my work ever recognizes my Michel Perry shoes or Bottega bags - nor would I expect them to. But I secretly smile because *I* know, and that is the most important thing to me, anyway.
2.gif

Thanks for reading my monologue, and I would value any opinions you all have!

Love Street

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a romantic! At least you are walking into Tiffany & Co. with your eyes wide open and knowing you are paying for the Tiffany name and the little blue box...not the diamond.

If I had a fat bank account, I would probably shop there also but not for diamonds since I know more about diamonds than any of their salespeople do.

Good luck to you and tell your friends about pricescope.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
----------------
What a romantic! At least you are walking into Tiffany & Co. with your eyes wide open and knowing you are paying for the Tiffany name and the little blue box...
----------------
.... and the sentimental history - I'm very nostalgic which leads me attach inordinate value to certain things - but what is value, really? It's what a willing buyer will pay a willing seller, and the buyer's reasoning or justificatino is not relevant in that equation...

Anyway, I DO plan to buy online for other diamonds in the future, and I HAVE told my friends about pricescope!

But, in your opinion, should I get the T & C ring appraised by an independent appraiser for insurance and/or fact-checking purposes?

Thanks!

MsGolightly

Rough_Rock
I don't think it is absolutley necessary, but if it would make you feel better, it can't hurt anything.

I'm so glad you decided to go with a Tiffany's ring. There is too much "anti-Tiffany" setiment on this board (mostly by men, I've noticed...hehehe). I love my Monolos just because I know what they are, and I love Tiffany's for the same reason. A diamond is a diamond...is a diamond. They all come from the same place. They are not extremely rare. You might as well get what you want
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results