shape
carat
color
clarity

RB''s between 1 and 2 carats

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Please show me pictures of Round Brilliants between 1 and 2 carats. It doesn''t matter if they are on plain bands or diamond bands.

Many thanks
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome.

This thread will start you off, it is the Forum Engagement Ring Folder where one of our dear members adds and updates most of the rings posted on Pricescope. Scroll through there and you should get lots of ideas to start with.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, I am so excited to get my first PS reply!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very welcome Samantha - stick around, this is a great place to learn and have fun! May I ask, are you looking for a diamond???
31.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Roun-and-bag.jpg
Hi,
Mine is a 1.63ct center F color with .5ctw baguettes (one on each side).

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
asscherisme that is such a beautiful ring, thank you for letting me see it.

Lorelei, unfortunately I am not really looking at the moment, but I want to be ready in case my ''toyboy'' of five years feels the urge to make me an honest woman. We are going to his friend''s wedding soon so I hope that might fill him with insipiration! I think he is a bit scared of my devotion to nice diamonds, but I have found a jeweller willing to do us a very good deal. Unfortunately I sold my nice jewellry from when I was married, but regret it now because I could have had it all reset. Won''t make that mistake again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2007 8:42:53 AM
Author: Samantha Red
asscherisme that is such a beautiful ring, thank you for letting me see it.

Lorelei, unfortunately I am not really looking at the moment, but I want to be ready in case my ''toyboy'' of five years feels the urge to make me an honest woman. We are going to his friend''s wedding soon so I hope that might fill him with insipiration! I think he is a bit scared of my devotion to nice diamonds, but I have found a jeweller willing to do us a very good deal. Unfortunately I sold my nice jewellry from when I was married, but regret it now because I could have had it all reset. Won''t make that mistake again!

Never does any harm to be prepared...hehehe....
28.gif
Lets hope he gets the hint soon at your friend''s wedding
41.gif
Stick around and have a good drool over all the yummy diamonds here and also it is great to read the tutorials and learn about cut - that is the most important factor for a diamond''s beauty. That way your new e-ring will be spectacular once you are ready to buy!
30.gif

asscher - that is a gorgeous ring!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again Lorelei, I have an awful lot to learn! Just out of interest what do you consider to be the best cut to maximise the size of the stone? Which out of cut or clarity can be slightly sacrificed to get the best value for money?
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NEVER SACRIFICE CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what makes a diamond beautiful and it is so important. There is a tutorial under knowledge which gives you the info you need regarding the best proportions of a round diamond, so that it will perform it's best ( sparkle ) Also don't go by labels such as Ideal Cut, Premium Cut etc, these are often used by vendors to describe a diamond's cut, but don't always mean much. You need to go on a case by case basis.

Clarity - SI1 or even SI2 if eyeclean ( ask the vendor and know YOUR definition of eyeclean) offer the most bang for the buck.

Colour G or H offer a nice middleground - with a superb cut an I or J can face up very well and you can still have a very white looking diamond.

So you can see, if you wish you can sacrifice clarity - we think of it as not paying for what the eye can't see. However, some prefer a D or E and a VVS or IF for colour and clarity for purity and cultural reasons, it depends on what matters to the consumer.

Regarding maximising the size of the stone, you need the diameter measurements of the diamond to make sure it is as large face up as it should be. For example, a 1 carat round should be around 6.5 mm. Also you need to make sure your diamond is neither too deep nor to shallow - for example as a loose guide not below 59% and above 62.6 as a rough idea. Some preferences vary as to these numbers. Girdle measurements - avoid very thin to thick / very thick as this too can waste weight.

Some think a larger table will help make a diamond look larger face up - this would be above 58% to about 61% - however a true Ideal Cut will have a table of no more than 57.5
34.gif
Need to check that one!

The crown and pavillion angles are crucial to determine how a diamond handles light, those are always needed. Lastly if you concentrate your search on GIA and AGS graded diamonds who grade for cut too - this makes things easier.

Also there is a great tool here called the Holloway Cut Advisor which helps you narrow down your choices. You just add the numbers of the diamond and it gives you an idea of how the diamond might perform.

There is so much more to learn but I hope this gives you an idea of the basics.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Gulp! You know sooooooooooooooo much

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thank you :)

And I agree, cut is everything! My diamond is an AGS ideal "triple zero" cut. And it is the prettiest diamond I have ever seen in person. It is SOOO sparkly in many light situations. I love it. A lot of women where I live have 2ct plus rings and I would not want to go any larger than I have. Its a big enough size to really stand out but not so big I feel uncomfortable wearing it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2007 9:51:26 AM
Thank you.
35.gif

There is much I still need to learn, but what I do know comes from years of being nuts about diamonds and almost 2 years of being part of PS, learning and sharing with the experts and my fellow prosumers who are the best bunch on the net today! Of course, everything we have here is thanks to our hosts Leonid and Irina who work to tirelessly to make PS the great place it is!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

But the thing is, you can get as involved as you wish, all the info you need is here under knowledge, if there is anything you don't know you can ask - plus the experts are now available with the great new feature. Many online vendors here ( don't know if you are going that route eventually) have all the cut info and expertise you need to make a great choice easily, they can do the work for you. Or you can learn as much or as little as you wish to choose your own diamond!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 9:51:26 AM
Don''t she though?
41.gif

2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a thread on 1-2 carat stones?? I know there is a thread for 2+ and under 1 carat...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results