shape
carat
color
clarity

RB numbers experts assistance requested

fuzzylogic

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Gypsy suggested that I post this up and see what the experts thought of the "type of diminished light return you can expect given the numbers of the following stone"

Thanks in advance!

AGS 01040405910006 1.732ct FVS2 1100 EX EX EX VG.jpg

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
can barely see the #s. do you have anything bigger?

fuzzylogic

Rough_Rock
sorry ... let's see if this helps ...

1732 close.JPG

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tab Percent: 1A
Crown Angle: 2A
Crown Height: 1A
Pavilion Depth: 1B
Girdle: 1A
Depth: 1A
Polish: 1A
Symmetry: 1A
TotalGrade: 1B

Above is the result of the AGA Cut Class grader https://www.pricescope.com/tools/AGA_NAJA_Cut_Class_Grader

A tiny bit shallow crown angle and a little extra pavilion depth, but within the norms for an Ideal Cut diamond.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a similar stone - mine had a bigger table. Very bright (not "leaky" - no excess light escape out the back through the pavilion facets instead of being returned face-up), but essentially as SC says - visible lack of coloured light return compared to other similarly-sized stones of different proportions.

All diamonds return what light there is around them to return - in spotlights all diamonds show coloured light, in diffuse office lights all diamonds show are white/black checkerboard canvasses. In 'intermediate' types of light return between those two extremes different stones of different proportions will err toward white or coloured light return. Shallow crown/complementary pavilion, larger table, thinner mains (longer lgf) indicate the stone will show lots of quick, white twinkles; high crown, small table, thick mains usually indicate fewer but more powerful flashes and more potential for colour. One type isn't "better" than the other - just different, and if you know that you specifically prefer to see white light over coloured this stone looks like a great fit.

Different people may or may not see these differences (I do, but I spend far too much time playing with my pet rocks), still others may or may not like/care about any differences they see... If you're interested I would strongly recommend having it shipped out to inspect, and taking it in to your local jeweller and comparing to some other similarly sized stones of different proportions - see what your eyes think.

Proportions charts: http://stage.agslab.com/proportion-based-cut-grade.php

ETA: just tried the links and they're not working, have contacted AGSL*

fuzzylogic

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your knowledge. I have only been here for the last month and am astounded at the level of expertise and helpfulness of the people on this forum. :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
fuzzylogic|1314656652|3004847 said:
Thank you all for your knowledge. I have only been here for the last month and am astounded at the level of expertise and helpfulness of the people on this forum. :appl:

I knew between Yssie and Stonecold you'd get the information you needed. Aren't they great?

Sounds like it is definitely worth taking a closer look at to me to see if you guys like it. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results