shape
carat
color
clarity

RB and eternity ring combo: the right width balance...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Hi I have a 1.27 ct RB tiffany setting ering, and am now looking for an eternity band as the wedding band. Originally I just wanted something modest so I was thinking of a 2.2mm wide 3 pointer shared prong (wow i can''t believe i just typed all that coz 2 months ago i wouldn''t have a clue what that meant). But when I tried it on at the store the sales lady suggested that I should get a wider eternity band because 2.2mm seems to be too small for the 1.27ct ering. She suggested 3.2mm wide, which of course is like $3000 more expensive.

Anyone has or seen something in this size? what do you think? pictures would be great!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I think the rule of thumb is to match the ct. weight of the solitaire to the total weight of the eternity band (?) for a balanced look.

Have you checked out the Facets Collection at Signed Pieces? I''m really happy with a half eternity band I bought from them - it''s very high quality and the price was reasonable.

Check out this one for you: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=4200

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
for me it''s about the width of the two bands matching. if you''re e-ring band is 2.5, then i''d get a w-band that''s 2.5 as well.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 8:20:30 AM
Author: jcrow
for me it''s about the width of the two bands matching. if you''re e-ring band is 2.5, then i''d get a w-band that''s 2.5 as well.

ditto. this is what i would do too.

hazeleyes

Rough_Rock
You must remember that the sales lady just wants to sell you a more expensive ring.

The key is to try on all the different sizes which you are considering. You will find that different widths/heights will sit differently with your solitaire. And, you may want to consider how the eternity band will look without your ering, if you will wear it that way. I love the look of thinner eternity bands, and I love the look of thicker bands. I guess I just love eternity bands!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 8:46:06 AM
Author: hazeleyes
You must remember that the sales lady just wants to sell you a more expensive ring.

The key is to try on all the different sizes which you are considering. You will find that different widths/heights will sit differently with your solitaire. And, you may want to consider how the eternity band will look without your ering, if you will wear it that way. I love the look of thinner eternity bands, and I love the look of thicker bands. I guess I just love eternity bands!
lol..okay this makes a lot of sense...

My ering is tiffany knif edge, so it looks very thin. actually the title of the post is misleading, i should say "height" instead of "width". the problem is the 2.2mm is quite low and the ering is set kind of high. the 3.3mm is higher and more visible when the two are together......

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
the total carat weight of the 2.2mm is 0.86ct and the 3.2mm is 1.76 ct

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hi kissmark, I have a RB solitaire and a full eternity wedding band. I bought both from WF and I LOVE them. Proportions on my set are:

ering (Legato setting) - 1.01 ct
eternity band (custom WF) - .03 stones, 28 stones for a total weight of .84 ct. Eternity band is ~ 2.3mm in width, ~ 1.9mm in height (needed to be low to sit nicely with my ering)

I could have gone with .04 stones and that would have looked nice as well. I''ll attach a photo so you can see how the 2 look together (kindof hard to tell in my avatar).

k2gether.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kissmark, I meant to add that with your 1.27 ct solitaire, I think that would look beautiful with .04 or even up to .06 stones. It''s personal preference though--if you go much higher than .04 stones, you may have a band that''s wider than your ering. Personally, I wanted my eternity band to be the same width or a little smaller.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 8:42:24 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Thritto. This is what I have and I love it! Both my bands are around 2.2mm.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Kissmark! I love the combo you''re going for! (I have the same thing
1.gif
). I have a 1.59 RB whiteflash tiffany knife edge with a 1.68ctw eternity band from signed pieces. IMO, the 1.76 would overpower your ering. But this whole eternity band thing is a personal preference decision. I really feel that I would like for my eternity band stones to be a bit smaller with my ering, but I''m holding out hope of an upgraded ering one day so maybe if I can manage the elusive 2ct stone then my 1.68ctw eternity band will be just perfect.
3.gif
Again, it''s really just a matter of personal taste. I love my eternity ring, just feel it takes a bit away from my ering sometimes sizewise. Here''s a link to mine for reference: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/together-at-last-signed-pieces-eternity-band-w-elaineh-inspired-wf-tiffany-knife-edge.63994/

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 8:42:24 AM
Author: mrssalvo

for me it's about the width of the two bands matching. if you're e-ring band is 2.5, then i'd get a w-band that's 2.5 as well.
Me too! My center stone is an oval, not round, but I went through the same process looking for an eternity band... and ended up finding one that matched the engagement ring band width rather than worrying as much about stone size. A couple pix here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-eternity-band-back-in-the-box-until-may-5th.60496/

So funny that thread was from before my wedding... seems so long ago now!!
2.gif

ETA -- Eternity band specs = 3 point stones, F-G color, SI clarity, size 5.25

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
This is a 1.25ct with a 1.16ctw eternity ring (5 pointers).

kvl080807.jpg

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies thank you very much for your replies. But to be honest now I am even more indecisive about it than before, because all of your sets look so beautiful with difference sizes!!

I thought maybe the 2.2mm would work, because the knife-edge band of my ering looks quite thin. But then again it sits very low and the ring is set kind of high. Thank you very sharing your pictures it helped a lot with visualize what the set would look like. I will make a decision at the end of this week and let you guys know what I've decided :) Thank you all very much again!
21.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I have a Tiffany ring that's 1.35c. If I remember correctly, the width of my e-ring is 2.5mm. I went with a Tiffany semi-eternity shared prong band that's 2.2mm, it has 9 - 3 pointers in it. I love my set. I think you should go with a band that has the same, or less width than your e-ring. My ring size is 3.25. Here is a pic:

IMG_50iii.jpg

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 9:02:25 PM
Author: Jewels
I have a Tiffany ring that''s 1.35c. If I remember correctly, the width of my e-ring is 2.5mm. I went with a Tiffany semi-eternity shared prong band that''s 2.2mm, it has 9 - 3 pointers in it. I love my set. I think you should go with a band that has the same, or less width than your e-ring. My ring size is 3.25. Here is a pic:
Hi Jewels your set is very similar to what I have in mind (except your stone is a bigger and my finger is fatter! I am a size 4.5). I think it looks very nice, so probably I will go w/ the 2.2mm as well.

Thank you all

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
A size 4.5 is not big at all, I think the average person wears a size 6. Good luck with your search. Make sure you try on stones in many sizes. I personally like something that is not going to overpower my e-ring, but a band that has some bling effect.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 6:14:11 AM
Author:Kissmark
But when I tried it on at the store the sales lady suggested that I should get a wider eternity band because 2.2mm seems to be too small for the 1.27ct ering. She suggested 3.2mm wide, which of course is like $3000 more expensive.

In addition to all the good input you''re getting here from others, I just wanted to add, don''t listen to the people in jewelry stores. I was told so many things when I was engaged along these same lines, which all turned out to be nonsense. Go with what you like. I think the width of the wedding band has NOTHING to do with the size of the center stone.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
hi guys just want to let you know that I went to the jewelry store yesterday and brought FI with me. We both liked the 2.2mm better. The 3.2mm was nice also but because the band on my ering is quite thin the 2.2mm looked like a better balance. Thank you so much for all your help! Hopefully I can post some pictures soon.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! I''m glad you found a size that made you happy.
21.gif

And yes it does deserve it''s own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results