shape
carat
color
clarity

RB 2ct+ Setting Recom on Tiffany Look Please

P

PierreBear

Hi PS Friends! Hope ya'lls week is going well. Thanks for providing feedback on the size of stone that looks ideal on my 3.75 size finger. I hope ya'll don't mind if I start a separate thread on setting recommendations. I think it will depend on which stones/good deals are available when it comes to pulling the trigger, but I'm leaning towards 2.3 CT to 2.5 CT or rather a spread between 8.3 mm to at most 8.6 mm. Something that shows presence but looks balanced and wards of DSS. Perhaps just let the inventory determine what to pick at the end of the day?

The other thread has really opened my eyes that going for a Tiffany repro look still has it challenges with the setting. I didn't realize that the knife edge setting can be uncomfortable (though the Diamond's Direct setting was not) if it's worn as a stand alone ring... my biggest concern right now. I feel that the options for setting that ya'll mentioned are the following: Vatache U113, Whiteflash tiffany reproduction, and CVB Jovyn. Can you help me sort through the pros and cons between vendors and the wish list?

Width of ring - When trying to have the focus on making the stone pop and with my fingers shape, would a width of 1.8mm to 2 mm be ideal? I also think I prefer the width to be the same all the way around or at least not where you can visually see the taper. I think my current ering is 2.2 mm as a reference.
Knife edge - Can you still get this look but have it be worn comfortable as a stand alone ring?
Prongs - From what I understand, tabbed or claw prongs are just a preference. Any pros/cons to going which way? Or whichever the vendor is chosen, go with what they do best?
To donut or not - Is this not necessary as part of the design as I plan on wearing it as a stand alone ring?

Vatache U113 - I called the vendor to try and learn about width and knife edge measurements. The person just mention that it depends on the size of the stone and people have made so many customization and they will just want the customer to be happy. He said that I would just work through Whiteflash to make those alterations. Any draw backs there other than cost?
Whiteflash Tiffany Reproduction - I hope M2B doesn't mind me referring her ring, but it is absolutely beautiful. Though would the WF setting still look right with a smaller stone? I wasn't sure of the differences between WF and the Vatache or they are so minor that my untrained eye can't figure it out through pictures.
CVB Jovyn - No doubt that Msop's ring is beautiful and I would consider this setting. However, it would be more convenient for husband to just do one stop shopping through Whiteflash as I want to turn over the project to him after figuring out the ring parameters.

Thanks for allowing me to talk through my questions. I really appreciate any wisdom, help, thoughts on this 10 year anniversary project. My husband thanks you in advance for making the selection part easier for him. :angel: We are really going for that classic and timeless look to avoid any future changes/upgrades! Have a great day!

_1510.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are getting the diamond through WF, then I would definitely get the setting that m2b got. She had them soften the knife edge, and I can't remember if she did this, but I would request that the shank be thinned just a bit to about 2mm for most of the shank. Mine may be a tiny bit more where it attaches to the head, but what I see when I look at my finger, I see no more than 2mm. (even 2.1 would be fine) I see no taper at all.

The other thing I would request is the harder platinum alloys, either 90%platinum/10% iridium or 95%platinum/5%ruthenium.

Prongs...you choose tab or claw.

These adaptations make the ring custom, and that may mean it can't be returned. But I would be totally fine with that ring if I could have the changes above. I think m2b's is beautiful!

I was one who said a knife edge is not uncomfortable with a band, but mine doesn't bother me if I happen to have it on in the house without a band. It is rare for fingers to be pressed against each other.

I think 2.3-2.5 is a fantastic forever size diamond! Unless one lives in a few select places, that is going to be a very large diamond!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Vatché U113 and I wore it solo for 8 months until I got married. I noticed the knife edge for the first day or two, but then got used to it and didn't anymore.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are getting a WF ACA or ES diamond, it is best to do one stop shopping at WF, especially if they have a specific setting you like. It will save you hassles on shipping the diamond to another vendor and insurance issues while setting the diamond.

As for my WF Tiffany repro setting, I had them specifically soften the knife edge and create their version of claw prongs for my ring. It is very comfortable to wear (even by itself) and I love the classic look. It was cheaper than the Vatche version and turn around time was extremely quick! I'm not sure about the exact measurements of the setting itself but I'm sure you can discuss those details with a WF sales associate.

Now if you are interested in the Vatche U113, WF does offer a 50% credit on designer settings that they offer if you ever do decide to upgrade in the future. This perk was not available when I originally bought my WF setting at the time.

Good luck in your decision with whatever you choose! :wavey:

P

PierreBear

m-2-b|1479442190|4100020 said:
If you are getting a WF ACA or ES diamond, it is best to do one stop shopping at WF, especially if they have a specific setting you like. It will save you hassles on shipping the diamond to another vendor and insurance issues while setting the diamond.

As for my WF Tiffany repro setting, I had them specifically soften the knife edge and create their version of claw prongs for my ring. It is very comfortable to wear (even by itself) and I love the classic look. It was cheaper than the Vatche version and turn around time was extremely quick! I'm not sure about the exact measurements of the setting itself but I'm sure you can discuss those details with a WF sales associate.

Now if you are interested in the Vatche U113, WF does offer a 50% credit on designer settings that they offer if you ever do decide to upgrade in the future. This perk was not available when I originally bought my WF setting at the time.

Good luck in your decision with whatever you choose! :wavey:

Thank you ma'am. Sorry just reading this post now after getting back from vacation. So honored to get such wise advice from one of my PS role models!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results