shape
carat
color
clarity

RB 1.80 SI2 I think I found the one!!!! Let me know what you think!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mark D

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your help! After a long search and guidance by you guys, I think I have found a great stone!!! Here are the dems. Let me know what you think!!!

Round Brilliant

7.75 x 7.78 x 4.81
Weight: 1.80
Color: H
Cut: Excellent
Clarity: SI2 (Eye clean!)
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.9%
Girdle: Med to Slightly Thick
Crown Angle: 35.0
Pavillion Angle: 40.6
HCA: 0.9

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very promising, do you have any images such as ASET or Idealscope?

Mark D

Rough_Rock
I do not have that... Should the Jeweler I am working with have that equipment? Does that show light leakage?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 11:17:27 AM
Author: Mark D
I do not have that... Should the Jeweler I am working with have that equipment? Does that show light leakage?
It is possible the jeweller might have the above but not all do. It doesn't hurt to ask though. Yes, IS shows light leakage, ASET light return although it can show leakage as well. The numbers look good so what I would suggest is for you to check it out away from the store lights if possible to give the diamond a good test drive, then you can see how it looks in everyday lighting that the ring will be worn in.

Mark D

Rough_Rock
Ok.. thanks!!! I will do that!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 12:10:01 PM
Ok.. thanks!!! I will do that!!!
Most welcome, let me know how you get on!
35.gif

Mark D

Rough_Rock
Lorelei.. Or anyone that could help me....

Should I be concerned that the price of the diamond I listed above is lower then diamonds with the almost exact same specs? Why would that be? This diamond gets a HCA of 0.9 Could it just be that the inclusions are worse? What other factors could drive the price down compared to a diamond with almost the exact same specs.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Won''t really know. What kind of stats are you saying? Everything, HCA scores, color, clarity?

If it bothers you that much, make the sale final only after an appraisal by an independent appraiser, you pay for the appraisal.

Mark D

Rough_Rock
Both are GIA EX/EX/EX same clarity.. color... and carat... The more expensive one has a HCA of 1.7 which is worse?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
HCA is only use as a cut off, any score below 2 is worthy of a closer look, nothing more. It is not suppose to be used as a means of selection just elimination.

As I say, if it bothers you that much, send it to an independent appraiser, we can''t tell you any thing more unless we see some IS/ASE images of this and the other stones. Maybe the more expensive stones are branded cuts, etc... There are a lot of possible reasons, one maybe you just got a very good deal.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 2:50:13 PM
Lorelei.. Or anyone that could help me....

Should I be concerned that the price of the diamond I listed above is lower then diamonds with the almost exact same specs? Why would that be? This diamond gets a HCA of 0.9 Could it just be that the inclusions are worse? What other factors could drive the price down compared to a diamond with almost the exact same specs.
Hi Mark,

Prices can vary for many reasons, this the diamond from WF yes? No real way to tell but I can assure you WF are an excellent vendor so I wouldn't worry that there is something wrong with it, many factors can affect pricing. Did you get the images for this one yet from WF?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 3:10:35 PM
Both are GIA EX/EX/EX same clarity.. color... and carat... The more expensive one has a HCA of 1.7 which is worse?
Mark, the HCA isn''t used for selection, it is a first round elimination tool - basically diamonds which score below 2 are considered worthy of further evaluation for suitability - this is all it can tell you - no way to tell much more from a HCA score, that is when ASET and Idealscope images come into play.

Mark D

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I am getting the images sent to me later on Monday or Tuesday morning. I am excited to see them! Will you be around to help me evaluate them?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 5:08:44 PM
Thank you! I am getting the images sent to me later on Monday or Tuesday morning. I am excited to see them! Will you be around to help me evaluate them?
Yes I will Mark, I will make sure I won't miss them! I am on a different time zone to you but I will definitely see them, it might just depend on the time difference as to when.
35.gif
If you post them in the morning US time, I should definitely see them quickly as it will be afternoon or evening my time.

Mark D

Rough_Rock
Hi... I will be getting the images at 2pm my time today...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 11:21:24 AM
Hi... I will be getting the images at 2pm my time today...
Hi Mark, I will be standing by!
35.gif

Mark D

Rough_Rock
Here come the images!!!!

SARIN_GIA2105633464.jpg

Mark D

Rough_Rock

AST_GIA2105633464.jpg

Mark D

Rough_Rock

DI40X_GIA2105633464.jpg

Mark D

Rough_Rock

IS_GIA2105633464.jpg

Mark D

Rough_Rock
How do these images look????? I like the way they look....?

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
The images look great! I can see the sliver of inclusion around the 10 oclock area but it looks eye-clean to me. But ask your jeweler if it is eye clean. Think you got a fabulous deal here.
10.gif

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
I think it looks fantastic, as long as it is eye-clean to your standards. An H/SI2 that is eye-clean can often be a great value.

Mark D

Rough_Rock

I have seen the diamond in person at a jeweler… it was Eye clean to me and I have an eagle eye… He said it could even be an SI2… But that could be just blowing smoke…

The inclusion is a needle... It is not on the surface… Is that OK?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a WINNER!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

No worries with the inclusion, not a problem!

Ok so you have 2 great diamonds to choose from, have you decided yet??
3.gif

Mark D

Rough_Rock
YES!!!!!! I think I love the 1.80... Will I see a huge difference between a 1.80 and a 2.00.... I now there will be a difference but will it be significant... $4k significant. Pluse I have seen this one in person and it was eyeclean... WF said the 2.00 had a lot more inclusions?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 4:18:24 PM
YES!!!!!! I think I love the 1.80... Will I see a huge difference between a 1.80 and a 2.00.... I now there will be a difference but will it be significant... $4k significant. Pluse I have seen this one in person and it was eyeclean... WF said the 2.00 had a lot more inclusions?
Depending on the diameters, a 2 ct ( which we know is well cut) will be a bit bigger and measure around 8.2mm, enough that you would notice but not a huge amount. However 1.80 is a very respectable size so go with the one you feel is the right one!

Mark D

Rough_Rock
Thanks.. I just think the 1.80 is the right one.. It feels good....?

Mark D

Rough_Rock
Lorelei... Thank you sooo much for your help..You have been great! Are you feeling good about it!

Thanks to everyone else who contributed!!!

I think I am going with the 1.80!!! I will post pics of the finished product when i get it!!!

Thank you!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on an awesome find of a diamond. After everything I''ve learned here it seems that H/I SI1-SI2 is a great sweet spot for maximizing your budget! I can''t wait to see your final product.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results