shape
carat
color
clarity

Raymoure Flanigan....???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know anything about Raymoure Flanigan quality?

I've been looking and looking for the right tv console and i love the style of it and I bought it...In the world of good furniture, $699 is terribly cheap...I am worried it's too cheap....They do say that for 5 years they come and fix any scratches, dings, etc...
the sides of it seemed to be a tax particle-boardishish... I dunno...The feet aren't as mod as they look and I'm putting dark hardware on it...

I know that $699 is a lot of money, but for furniture of this size and purpose I don't know if that's enough..

I also know they are owned by Walmart....I'm wondering if this is glorified Walmart furniture...which is fine, but not for $699...

Anyone? I have to cancel today if I want to....

BTW, some guy on CraigsList is selling this exact piece for $350....it's 5 months old....Why? is it total crap?

flatpanel.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you know what, the craigs list gal responded to me and I think I''m just going to buy her for $350 + $100 moving...that''s a saving to me of $500 so even if it''s crap, who cares....

so never mind guys :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds good to me, let us now how you like it. We have a Raymoure and Flanigan, but have never been in.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have never heard of it but i like that piece!!

CL is a great place to get some deals, i got a $240 huge gilt PB mirror from a local gal who just didn''t have any more room for it for like $100. and yeah sometimes they are pieces that are only a few months or a year old. i have seen entire PB dining sets on there that are like a year old and the person just has to move suddenly or something and it ends up being like 1/3 of retail. crazy and awesome. when i finally figure out what i want for our DR i will def look at CL first.

post pictures!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys....
I think that Raymoure is only in the northeast for now.....but that it's expanding...

I am trying to get a shipping quote also from a few places off of craig's list....
So from CL, it would probably be around $500 with shipping....

From Raymoure, it's $942 with shipping and assembly and is brand new and they will come a replace any parts that get accidentally dinges or scrathed by cats, etc...b/c of anything....for 5 years.

So is it worth it to save $500 in the grand scheme? What if it's damages when it's shipped by the CL people?
Is it silly to pay $942 when the quality might not be exactly what I'm looking for...?

Hmmm.....

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh, here''s the CL pic....I''m going to switch to dark hardware...

cl.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi mmm! i like the style but the particle boardish statement up top worried me a bit. $500. is a lot for used that is sight unseen. if there is a problem the big shipping back would be a pain. i am not trying to cast a doubt here just thinking i hope it is what you want and what they represent.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You''re exactly right! I have been emailing the woman and she said it is good as new, no marks...except a scuff on the back left towards the wall...should I just forget it and pay full price? But then again it just kills me to spend $500 more than I have to....
For $350 + shipping, well, it makes me feel better if it''s crud. Argh.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dunno, if you get it from CL and it's damaged, it's a lot to ship back. Would RF service a piece you didn't buy from them?? If they would could be worth the money you saved. But am the type that would just buy it from them and have peace of mind...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The lady said she threw in the plan..I''m sure they do that all the time LOL....I''m thinking that you''re right...but the other part of me says it''s not the best quality and it''s good for now, so for $450-500 just use craig''s list.

Yes, I"M TERRIBLE at making a decision LOL...

Thanks guys!!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i googled walmart furniture. they have a sauder brand. home theatre center 106972 (6972-105)classic cherry. has a traditional sort of look i believe $709 or something like that. i don't know anything about this furniture but know a gal who bought an armoire look computer desk type thingy. i have not seen it. just a thought since you said walmart owned the company who makes the one you are looking at.

eta: sorry. i was thinking about the 900 price and this one is more by a few dollars than the one you posted.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info crown!!! I actually am familiar with Sauder...the only thing is, they always seemed to be kinda cheapy pieces....so this is the same price point so you''ve definitely given me something to think about!!!...I''d gladly spend more if I can find something I actually like....But I haven''t been able to .... Hmmm. Decisions decisions....!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results