shape
carat
color
clarity

Rarecarat

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Have any of you ever used rare carat to find a diamond? They seem to find diamonds with better prices than some venders.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have any of you ever used rare carat to find a diamond? They seem to find diamonds with better prices than some venders.

Yup, lots of people use them to search because they allow you to specify crown and pavillion angle, which most websites do not. I think they are a helpful resource.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I used RareCarat to find my vendor but ultimately went with a diamond that was on the vendor site but not Rarecarats search engine.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't realise RareCarat had an MMD search engine!

This is super useful, thank you for posting! :))

I'll mention it on the MMD sellers thread!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I have had fun playing around with their search engine, but as of now have yet to transition from playing around to resulting in an actual purchase through them.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
I have had fun playing around with their search engine, but as of now have yet to transition from playing around to resulting in an actual purchase through them.

Me too! Lol I look all the time hahaha.

Peaceandsunshine

Rough_Rock
I wish I knew more about what crown and pavilion angle to search for!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I knew more about what crown and pavilion angle to search for!

My understanding of the basic "guidelines" for modern round brilliant cuts is as follows:

Table: 54-57 (up to 58 possible)

Depth: 60-62.3

Crown angle: 34-35 (35.5 may with with a pavillion angle closer to 40.6)

Pavillion angle: 40.6-40.9 (up to 41 may work if the crown angle is close to 34)

Angles falling within these parameters does not of course guarantee a diamond with great optics, but tend to be a good starting point.

Once upon a time I believed that a diamond with angles falling in these ranges in addition to an HCA score of 2 or under would always yield superior optics and performance, but am learning this is not always the case.

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
I'm new here but I just bought two rings off with clarity through rare carat.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
My understanding of the basic "guidelines" for modern round brilliant cuts is as follows:

Pavillion angle: 40.6-40.9 (up to 41 may work if the crown angle is close to 34)

Angles falling within these parameters does not of course guarantee a diamond with great optics, but tend to be a good starting point.

Once upon a time I believed that a diamond with angles falling in these ranges in addition to an HCA score of 2 or under would always yield superior optics and performance, but am learning this is not always the case.

I used Rare Carat initially to search - I found a vendor with good prices and ended up ordering a stone directly through them that was not on Rare Carat. I wanted to check out a better cut though, and found a stone with the same vendor that was on Rare Carat which I ordered through them since it was a little cheaper then the vendor directly. Rare Carat only facilitated the payment and the initial request to confirm availability, all my communication regarding shipping came from the vendor.

It’s scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and I’m excited to see it - it matches those suggested cut numbers, scored a 1.2 on the HCA and looks nice in the video. I’m curious to compare to the stone that is not as well cut (by the numbers).

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I used Rare Carat initially to search - I found a vendor with good prices and ended up ordering a stone directly through them that was not on Rare Carat. I wanted to check out a better cut though, and found a stone with the same vendor that was on Rare Carat which I ordered through them since it was a little cheaper then the vendor directly. Rare Carat only facilitated the payment and the initial request to confirm availability, all my communication regarding shipping came from the vendor.

It’s scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and I’m excited to see it - it matches those suggested cut numbers, scored a 1.2 on the HCA and looks nice in the video. I’m curious to compare to the stone that is not as well cut (by the numbers).

Please do share your thoughts (and some pictures if you can!) once you have had some time with your new diamond.

Do you own another diamond that isn't as well cut (by the numbers) to compare to in person?

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Please do share your thoughts (and some pictures if you can!) once you have had some time with your new diamond.

Do you own another diamond that isn't as well cut (by the numbers) to compare to in person?

I’ll definitely be posting! I actually still have the diamond that isn’t as well cut until Monday when I send it back, so I’ll try to get some pics this weekend. I will say that I received the diamond today, and the difference the cut makes was even more than I thought!

MrsSparkle

Rough_Rock
Yes!! I had no luck with any of the family owned stores around me. The prices were so high and I didn’t like anything. I decided to check out rare carat. I ended up finding my stone and vendor. Another great thing is that I didn’t have to pay tax!! 22B25BCC-4245-4F08-8247-99CE28AFA7D0.jpeg

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Yes!! I had no luck with any of the family owned stores around me. The prices were so high and I didn’t like anything. I decided to check out rare carat. I ended up finding my stone and vendor. Another great thing is that I didn’t have to pay tax!! 22B25BCC-4245-4F08-8247-99CE28AFA7D0.jpeg

That is beautiful! Do you mind sharing specs and possibly how much it cost/ which vender it came from?

MrsSparkle

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! Yes I’ll include a pic of the spec. GIA, triple X, It’s SI1 (eye clean) I, 3.64 I paid 39,113 the vendor I used was Daniel Williams. It’s a family owned business and it was an amazing experience. I’ll have them do my eternity band in the future. E58F4E8F-3D5B-4B64-8887-8193E28D0F14.jpeg

MrsSparkle

Rough_Rock
I forgot to add but ask to speak to Daniel. He was so helpful with my ring.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Unreasonably restrictive urban myth

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unreasonably restrictive urban myth
I thought of you when I read that post :lol: lol

I think this bit in that post is important and references the ability to look outside those parameters! :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results