shape
carat
color
clarity

RareCarat legitimate or not?

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I keep seeing this site (based on algorithms) I'm sure but I haven't looked into it...is it legitimate or not? Pardon if it's been posted or not...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This site ?
You mean us ?
PSers ?
or a link you forgot to post ? (have done that my self)

We are defiantly real

Im assuming you love jewlery?
That's all you need to do to fit in around here

plenty of other things to talk about
well except politics was banned durring the last US administration - you can probably guess why - it all got a bit ugly

We do have a few simple rules
if you are trade (a jewler or a gem seller etc) please read them in detail

if you are not just be awear of them and follow the guidelines at the beginning of each subforun

Admin like us to keep pearls and man made stones to their subforuns
And also faux and costume jewler to its own also

But you know we'd love to see it all
so show us what you got

And for me, i find kindness is key
its ok to not like something before someone owns it
but once its their's its always at least nice

Welcome to PS

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
This site ?
You mean us ?
PSers ?
or a link you forgot to post ? (have done that my self)

We are defiantly real

Im assuming you love jewlery?
That's all you need to do to fit in around here

plenty of other things to talk about
well except politics was banned durring the last US administration - you can probably guess why - it all got a bit ugly

We do have a few simple rules
if you are trade (a jewler or a gem seller etc) please read them in detail

if you are not just be awear of them and follow the guidelines at the beginning of each subforun

Admin like us to keep pearls and man made stones to their subforuns
And also faux and costume jewler to its own also

But you know we'd love to see it all
so show us what you got

And for me, i find kindness is key
its ok to not like something before someone owns it
but once its their's its always at least nice

Welcome to PS

Nooo, I’m talking about the site RareCarat.com lol. I’m well aware that PS is real

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nooo, I’m talking about the site RareCarat.com lol. I’m well aware that PS is real
It depends on who you ask.
One of their participating vendors went under taking consumers money that is still last time I heard working its way through the courts.

My problem with them is that when you click on a stone until your scroll way down the page it looks like rarecarrot is selling the diamond.

Then you have this:
listed as sellers:

Sun & Sky is a brand created on Rare Carat that allows a wholesaler and a ring manufacturer to sell directly to you at lower prices.

Emerald Bay is a brand created on Rare Carat that allows a wholesaler and a ring manufacturer to sell directly to you at lower prices.

Belle Diamonds is a brand created on Rare Carat that allows a wholesaler and a ring manufacturer to sell directly to you at lower prices.

Elena Olsson is a brand created on Rare Carat that allows a wholesaler and a ring manufacturer to sell directly to you at lower prices.

They even have the same pictures posted in the sellers section.
There are many more,,,
So who would one actually be buying a diamond from?

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I think of it as a search engine. The question is who is selling the diamond to you and do they actually have the diamond or not. You can use the search function on this forum to look up the fiasco that is Enchanted Diamond.

Yes I have ordered using rare carat and I have returned the diamond back to the seller successfully due to not liking the diamond. Maybe I was lucky who knows.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I have used it to search for lab diamonds and have then ordered directly from a vendor- in my case With Clarity. In some cases the same diamond will come up under multiple vendors.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I'd hesitate to purchase directly through Rare Carat vendors with no other presence , but I would use them as a search engine and if I found a diamond I wanted that was available through another vendor I'd go directly to their website for purchase.

StoneAlgo is another search engine I'd use, as they draw from different vendors, as well as the search engine available here on PS. =)

Euphoric

Rough_Rock
Well....i hope they are legit. Like OP i google searched my way to Rarecarat.
After researching,many said (as mentioned here) that they list wholesalers and to go direct.....but I feel like they might have 'upped' their game so to speak. And a lot of vendors I couldn't find for the life of me. Listed on RC.....but not much other presence online.....

I found a great deal on RC anyways.....so i ordered. Its in the post. Hope it shows....and is as good as Im expecting.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased on Rarecaret with no problem and got a great price!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results