shape
carat
color
clarity

Rare Diamond??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mongol

Rough_Rock
What is the exact definition of a rare Diamond?..does the rarity depend on the size ,clarity color?..

okay for example is a 1.4 ct F VS1 ideal cut a rare diamond? or does it have to be greater than 5cts?

cheers

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I have just joined this interesting forum. It's great to be here!
As far as my answer to your question goes, F-VS1 is very impressive grade of diamond, however not nearly as rare as any natural fancy colored diamond with the exception of those with brownish hues ,..
Natural colored diamonds are found in every color of a reimbow with many shades of Fancy Yellows, Greens, Pinks , Blues ,Reds etc. Someone may wish to correct me, but in my opinion the rarest of all colored diamonds are the deeper shares of Purplish Pink and pure Red in sizes over 1 carat.
Pure reds are hard to locate even in 1/2 carat sizes the price?
Sky is a limit! Reasonable? That depends who the seller is,...

I have a picture of GIA Intense Purplish Pink 1.3ct oval Let me see if I can post it for you to see this gorgeous gem!

George

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Here it goes, Dont ask me the price the stone is not for sale!

Enjoy,

George

GLE Gem imports

pink.JPG

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the simplest definition, "rare" means not readily replaced with a comparable, similar, item. Most diamonds are therefore not rare. A very small minority of diamonds are very rare such as red colors, intense blues and confirmed natural intense greens.

The grading system for the colorless and near colorless series of diamonds, the D-Z scale, does not so much denote rarity as one approaches D or Z, but a marketing strategy of DeBeers to create various price points based on color. The actual rarity of D vs E or F colors is a question that no one has the answer to or is unwilling to provide. Only a very few folks inside of DeBeers probably have the actual statistics on what relative rarity nature has provided in the most common colors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results