shape
carat
color
clarity

rare alex

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
this is a fun pendent-@ 11 cts of facited alexandrite, indian, russian, and brazillian w/two nice alex catseye stones in the center-they show good green in daylight and a reddish color in candlelight-all set in 14kt yellow.....

forms sleeper 079.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have it certified? As a collector of alex over 20 years I know the value of having it certified - especially if you have Russian pieces in the pendant.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
the pendent has been certified/appraised & even surprised me....

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! What''s the price?

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
appraisal on this pendent was over $30,000.00 @2 yrs ago.....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2008 5:29:27 PM
Author: m76steve
appraisal on this pendent was over $30,000.00 @2 yrs ago.....
Then I suggest you get it rechecked because that''s nonsense. If that pendant really contains certified Russians that appraisal is waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy off. I have a 3ct eye clean, superb colour change Alex (not Russian) that''s been valued for replacement purposes at the same amount!

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for ur input-that appr was done by a lady in baltimore who had never seen that much alex or the cayseye before so i think she was a little on the conservitive side-have others est at over 50k. i was very surprised in the least....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who certfied your stones?

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
the ladys'' name is joann gill, she has been around the balt/wash area & is well known by other apprs. seems to have a good following....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2008 6:45:33 PM
Author: m76steve
the ladys'' name is joann gill, she has been around the balt/wash area & is well known by other apprs. seems to have a good following....
If you''re saying that the same lady who appraised also certified your stones and hadn''t seen much Alexandrite then I''m afraid I''d be highly suspicious of anything she''s said. You need to have provinence and certification from a lab which means unmounting your gemstones from the pendant I suspect. You also need to prove that the stones are from Russia. There''s so much "Russian" Alex on the market that is neither Russian or Alex!

At the end of the day, regardless of provinence, colour change is what Alex is all about! Can you photograph the colour change - the true change - because camera''s can lie and show more of a change than there is!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One thing to keep in mind.... (3) 1 ct. stones do not equal (1) 3 ct. stones, and the quality of stones makes a huge difference.

For example, "The Guide" lists the price of 1 ct Alexandrite as $150 per ct for commercial quality up to $5500 per ct for extra fine, with other qualities between these two values.
For the same range in a 3 ct stone the price is $500 to $9000.

To be considered extra fine, the stones should be clean, and have a strong color change going from green/blue to red.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for ur info-quite a few of the stones i have r between 1-2 cts. & have been appr. as fine & clean w/good color change. just about all the stones i have from alex to tourmalines are in pendents & r worn daily. enjoy what u gots!!!!!.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results