shape
carat
color
clarity

Rappers color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ncpanther

Rough_Rock
Although I would not call myself a huge fan of the genre of music I love the color of some of there jewelry.All types of wild colors on one piece of jewelry is something I like.

Anyway I was wondering if anybody has any information on it. The process,anything I would love to read about it and get something done myself oneday.Thanks fist time poster long time lurker.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I dont think anyone here is familiar with rapper jewelry. Can you give us a link to show us what you are talking about?

There is also a Jewelry forum (up under Forum menu) that might be able to help if you post over there.

Sounds interesting (the all different colors part).

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 5:05:48 PM
Author: tyty333
Sorry, I dont think anyone here is familiar with rapper jewelry. Can you give us a link to show us what you are talking about?

There is also a Jewelry forum (up under Forum menu) that might be able to help if you post over there.

Sounds interesting (the all different colors part).
Actually you would be surprised by the diversity on this board.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
try searching for Jacob the Jeweler

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 5:28:44 PM
Author: whatmeworry
try searching for Jacob the Jeweler
Bling Bling Everytime I come around the city Bling Bling.

ncpanther

Rough_Rock
ok..Here are some examples.not a fan of some of the actual pieces but I love the color.Wonder if anyone could give me some information on how they do it and anything else on this would be great.

scrayon.jpg

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 10:31:56 PM
Author: ncpanther
ok..Here are some examples.not a fan of some of the actual pieces but I love the color.Wonder if anyone could give me some information on how they do it and anything else on this would be great.

Holy S! I wonder if those are all diamonds or if they are sapphires? I would love to tear apart these pieces or at least see them in person!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
Now that's colour!!

If I had those stones I wouldn't make a crayon pendant, though
11.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don'' think those are diamonds, I bet colored gemstones. Or perhaps colored crystals? I feel like the colors are too saturated or diamonds, even when I have seen color treated diamonds they don''t appear that saturated.

I like the crayola necklace. It has good humour.

ncpanther

Rough_Rock
Thats what I was thinking Dreamer..Some of the people I have talked to say diamonds some dont.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Some of the bigger pieces you see out there are definitely crystal, but also some are quite real. One of the craftsman I work with on some of my designs, told me a story about when he was younger, working for months on a giant Ruby, Emerald, and Diamond pendant in the shape of Africa. They were all genuine stones in perfect pave'. The design used something like 10 oz. of gold and was about the size of a book. The kind of money that can be thrown around can be staggering, but if you got it...

ncpanther

Rough_Rock
so diamond explorer would say that that crayons piece is crystals or diamonds?.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
The crayon box was made of diamonds, rubies and emeralds (so said the owner - there is the possibility he was lying). The owner tried to ship it cross country via fed ex. It was stolen, and only insured for $500 not the $500,000 it supposedly cost to make. He said on a video blog he has 3 jewelers who make things form him Johnny Dang in Houston and 2 guys named Ovie (sp???) in New York. Here is Johnny Dang's website. The Tigger chain is from Jason of Beverly Hills: . here, click on custom it should be like the 3 or 4th thing on the list.

ncpanther

Rough_Rock
Thanks y2.I still would have to do some searching about the coloring.thats the most attractive part to me.I know you can treat them.But when I contacted a person about treatment and I showed them some necklaces like the crayon one.He gave me a crazy look..and said he could not do colors like that.
38.gif

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/9/2010 6:31:32 PM

Just about all the colors in the crayon box can be done with colored diamonds, the intense greens and reds are probably emeralds and rubies. Most of them are probably treated in some way to get more intense colors. Having said that, most of those hues do come in diamonds rarely in nature, but they are usually much less intense in saturation.

I have done some work with fancy colored diamonds. Generally, for the melee sizes, I have my choice to work with natural but paler material, or intensely colored treated stones. I generally prefer natural stones, but the cost of intense natural material is extremely high, and oftentimes its not within budget for the project, even for rappers.

ncpanther

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 3:27:29 PM
Author: Diamond Explorer

Just about all the colors in the crayon box can be done with colored diamonds, the intense greens and reds are probably emeralds and rubies. Most of them are probably treated in some way to get more intense colors. Having said that, most of those hues do come in diamonds rarely in nature, but they are usually much less intense in saturation.

I have done some work with fancy colored diamonds. Generally, for the melee sizes, I have my choice to work with natural but paler material, or intensely colored treated stones. I generally prefer natural stones, but the cost of intense natural material is extremely high, and oftentimes its not within budget for the project, even for rappers.
Thanks..this was very helpful

Now I need to find some places that do some treatment.The places I have talked too say they cannot do colors like that.But I will keep searching

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It may be best to find a jeweler you trust and work with them. They will have the sources or could find the sources for the stones. The technical side of doing the pave and casting the metal could be done by any skilled jeweler I would think.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I wanted to add that I think for everyday wear, a smaller version of that type of pendant could be really cool, like the size of a dog tag or bigger if you can pull it off.

ncpanther

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 7:27:00 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
And I wanted to add that I think for everyday wear, a smaller version of that type of pendant could be really cool, like the size of a dog tag or bigger if you can pull it off.
oh yea.I just wanted something simple.I just wanted the color of those pieces but what I want will be a lot smaller than that.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/10/2010 7:16:53 PM
Date: 1/10/2010 3:27:29 PM

Author: Diamond Explorer

Thanks..this was very helpful

Now I need to find some places that do some treatment.The places I have talked too say they cannot do colors like that.But I will keep searching

Your welcome for the info. Feel free to drop me a line through my website if you have any more questions about colored diamond pave''. I would be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results