shape
carat
color
clarity

Raphael eternity band vs. regular prong from SP - my experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hhv

Rough_Rock

Since I have read posts asking about the differences between the Raphael prong eternity band and the regular prong eternity band, I am posting the differences I noticed.

Here's my story.
I got a very very nice surprise from my husband this weekend
9.gif
. He bought me the diamond (prong) eternity band from Signed Pieces/Facets Collection that I have been drooling over. Actually, better yet, he had both the regular prong round and the Raphael sent to us so I could choose which one I liked better. Originally, I told him I only wanted the regular prong because I didn't want to pay extra unless there was a huge difference and from previous posts, there didn't seem to be too much. Also, I wasn't sure about the zig zag pattern on the inside.

-FACETS Platinum 25
Round Cut Diamonds, 1.48ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity

-FACETS Platinum 24 Round Brilliant Diamonds, 1.58ct. tw. F-G & VVS-VS set in
RAPHAEL SETTING

My husband felt that the Raphael was a bit brighter. I don't think I am as sensitive as he is but I did notice a little bit of a difference. But it wasn't overwhelmingly noticeable since both bands were beautiful and brilliant.

There is definitely less metal on the Raphael and you can see more of the diamonds - especially from the sides.

The diamonds are set lower on the Raphael so the height of the ring on your finger is smaller. This is the biggest difference to me. I like the fact the Raphael seemed to fit my hand better and didn't bite into the side fingers as much.

The smaller height worked really well for me because I have a six-prong diamond solitaire in a tiffany setting. Since the Raphael band sits lower(not as wide), it fit under my e-ring much better. Not flush but there is not a lot of space.

Overall, both rings were beautiful. I did choose the Raphael because of the reasons listed above but had my husband not gotten me both rings to compare, I would have been very happy with the regular prong too. BUT I am glad he did give me the choice. He is a better anticipator than I am.

My husband said the service was good at Signed Pieces. He asked SP if it was ok to send me both rings and we would send back the one we did not want. They had no problems with this. It took 3 weeks to send us both the rings.

The bad news is that I don't really know how to work the digital camera or post anything on line so I don't have pics. I tried to download the pics from the web but that didn't seen to work.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Facets_prong.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Ooh...that''s definitely bad news that you don''t have any pictures!
2.gif

Thanks for doing a comparison between the two rings, and how nice of your husband to get both so you could make an informed decision! I also have the Raphael but didn''t get a chance to see the two rings side-by-side. Congrats and enjoy your new ring!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I have the shared prong eternity band and didn''t get to see the two side by side.
2.gif
I almost got the rafael, but the shared prong was a bit cheaper so I went with that one. I am very happy with it. I have a 4 prong solitaire so it sits flush with it quite nicely.

Thanks for the comparison.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for posting your experience. it will be very helpful for people who may be trying to decide between the two who are not able to view them in person.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I agree with mrssalvo. I am getting ready to embark upon the wedding band search and have been admiring the Signed Pieces eternity bands and I really couldn''t decide between the regular shared prong and the Raphael. As I probably won''t be able to see them side by side as you did, I really appreciate your insights and will definitely use your experience as a starting guideline for me. Thank you and congratulations on your beautiful ring!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, so nice! congrats, i look forward to pics!

Also - which style do you tihnk would "stack" better??

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
6.gif
No pics?

39.gif

Congrats on the new e-band! I
30.gif
the solitaire w/e-band look!

hhv

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I would think both styles would stack well depending on the look you are trying to go for (i.e., how many mm each band would be etc...) Don''t think that it didn''t cross my mind to keep both but my husband would have never gone for that.

Once again, personally, I like the ring to hug my finger closer and not stick out as much on the sides.

I also have two thin half channel set platinum bands that I wear on each side of the engagement ring. That also looks great!

I will try to figure out the camera I just got some time soon. I''ve always wanted to post pics but technologically challenged as always.

I think hand shots are so much more informative than regular pics of rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results