shape
carat
color
clarity

Rapaport Price Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diane1

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I have another question for the experts out there. Based on pricing using the Rapaport price grid calculator, how much of a discount percentage off the grid figure should I expect in order to get a good deal? Please give me a rough idea -- I know there are other facors. Let's assume for this question that it's a very good/very good with very good to excellent dimensions.
Thanks

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I had a local jewelry store pull out the real paper Rap sheet and quote me 8% lower right off the bat. But it was a so-so cut (larger table and depth) and good/vg polish/sym. It was also an EGL cert. So it first seemed like a good deal, but later I was less impressed.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
In the trade such diamonds can be about 30% back. However it can be from 40% to 20% back depending on quality, certification and demand.

[/u]

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
I had a local jewelry store pull out the real paper Rap sheet and quote me 8% lower right off the bat. But it was a so-so cut (larger table and depth) and good/vg polish/sym. It was also an EGL cert. So it first seemed like a good deal, but later I was less impressed.
----------------

RS, you were right. It wasn't a good deal at all!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
In the trade such diamonds can be about 30% back. However it can be from 40% to 20% back depending on quality, certification and demand.

----------------

Oh, forgot to finish...

In the internet you can expect to get such diamonds with 5%-10% above cost. Therefore it can be 35%-15% back from the list.[/u]

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
But what about AGS000 type stones? How much back on those?

diane1

Rough_Rock
thanks very much

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
But what about AGS000 type stones? How much back on those?
----------------

RS, AGS000 report itself (not the proportions but paper) ads 10% to the market price. Diamonds with EGL reports cost less in the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results