shape
carat
color
clarity

Rap price question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

billyb

Rough_Rock
Since this information isn''t easily available to the consumer, could one of the vendors on this forum tell me what the Rap price for a 1ct RB, D VVS2 is?

Thanks so much!

billyb

Rough_Rock

Anyone?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe a dealer will do this. I never offer Rap prices to consumers because they are not useful to non-dealers. They are dangerous and misleading as they are only a number. Dealers haggle aover these numbers and few pay the same price. There are way too many considerations to discuss that change the ultimate price a dealer pays.

Doing a Pricescope search is far more informative as to what a fair price for a particular stone would be....

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Your best bet is to compare prices on different websites and see what is the best price that it is being offered on your particular specs.
this is abetter indication than the rap. price.

1.gif

billyb

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/19/2003 7:47:14 AM oldminer wrote:
Doing a Pricescope search is far more informative as to what a fair price for a particular stone would be....
----------------

I definitely agree with that. The pricestats link on Pricescope is exactly what I used to gauge the fairness of the price for a particular stone.

But I would still like to know what the Rap price is.
2.gif

I can see how showing Rap prices to an uninformed consumer could be misleading but showing Rap prices to an informed consumer shouldn't hurt. I know there are more than a few consumers here that have developed a passion for learning about diamonds, the industry, the history, etc. And it's as one of those consumers that I'm inquiring about this information.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No problem. Probably some subscriber to Rapaport is willing to give you the price or a copy of the entire sheet. They are all over 47th St. in NYC so it is not much of a secret....

So long as you take care, it won't be harmful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results