Random Thoughts

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E2935074-F333-48BF-8DBE-725F10BDF22E.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just discovered rolo chain is belcher barclete
and its like a 6th of the price by the ft on etsy than it is to buy a new braclete from the jewler
(i have lost 2 before)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what happened to this thread ?

i just want to say what happened to all the posts and posters who posted lets say more economical gems
as much as i love and adore all the sparkling beauties with perfect hearts and arrows and multi zero $$$$$ coloured stones,and top shelf pearls, but i also enjoy the joy from the lower priced specimans
it just makes me feel very awear i dont owe PS quality jewles, it never used to worry me, but of late i feel like the poor realative and ive become self concouse posting pictures of what i own,
im not ashamed to wear mall jewlery and my modest inherted pieces,
the Princess of Wales wears mall jewlery now days if HRH wears any at all
i know its not the best quality and my saphires are all too dark and i like silver and only some of my pieces are 18ct and right now due to economics im satisfying myself with repairs and repurposeing involing inexpenisve etsy purcheses

but my pretties were purchased with hard earned money in a market far from anywhere with a dollar that has never been all that strong plus we have high labour costs and expensive freight
i will not let compassion rob me of joy

but i just feel something has changed around here and i dont fit in on some threads anymore

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

i just want to say what happened to all the posts and posters who posted lets say more economical gems
as much as i love and adore all the sparkling beauties with perfect hearts and arrows and multi zero $$$$$ coloured stones,and top shelf pearls, but i also enjoy the joy from the lower priced specimans
it just makes me feel very awear i dont owe PS quality jewles, it never used to worry me, but of late i feel like the poor realative and ive become self concouse posting pictures of what i own,
i know its not the best quality and my saphires are all too dark and i like silver and only some of my pieces are 18ct and right now due to economics im satisfying myself with repairs and repurposeing involing inexpenisve etsy purcheses

but my pretties were purchased with hard earned money in a market far from anywhere with a dollar that has never been all that strong plus we have high labour costs and expensive freight

but i just feel something has changed around here and i dont fit in on some threads anymore

In my opinion, you fit in everywhere!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

I hear you. Then again I've never felt a sense of belonging anywhere, not just PS. It's been a lonely journey, this life so far. I've had plenty of counseling about it, more than I can afford, it's part of who I am, the sum total of how I was born and what happened after.

I adore your jewelry, and I adore you. You're rich in personality and compassion, I'm constantly amazed at how patient and loyal you are. When you're around, the aloneness goes away a little for me. Thank you for that. Keep shining @Daisys and Diamonds, I can see your soul from here.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisy, I don't fit in most of the threads here either!
I don't have one single thing made by David Klass! That makes me an outsider right there.
I never ever had a custom piece made!
I can't afford that, no way.

I make my own jewelry, and I keep shoving turquoise down everyone's throat!

And what about all my used thrift store and pawn shop stuff? Haha!
That's why I hang around the antique and vintage thread.

And I don't even have a cleaning lady.
So, no, I don't fit in, but I keep posting anyway!
I like to show that beautiful jewelry can be had without the big fancy prices.

We love you, Daisy, don't ever go away!

Last edited:
B

Betty Baguette

You're the best, @Daisys and Diamonds. Hugs! :wavey:

FWIW, I was perusing some old threads about watches a couple of days ago. I was stunned by how many posters own Rolex and Cartier watches, and it made me feel very, very poor and out of place, lol. Not in the cards for me this lifetime. But that's OK. I just found a great deal on a beautiful mechanical Tissot that I'll be very happy to get for Christmas. Entry level, but still Swiss made. :)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Not sure how much this helps but If I had to guess, I'd say you are the most popular and most liked person on here, @Daisys and Diamonds .

Of course, most women in real life don't have jewelry like we see on here. They either can't afford it or don't think it's a wise thing to spend a lot on.

I'd say I'm in the lower half on it all here, but I feel like we all have a lot of the same struggles and joys regardless. So there's that huge piece to connect over, regardless.

ETA: It does seem to me that the expense of the bling posted has increased over the years so you're probably far from alone on feeling somewhat left out.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're the best, @Daisys and Diamonds. Hugs! :wavey:

FWIW, I was perusing some old threads about watches a couple of days ago. I was stunned by how many posters own Rolex and Cartier watches, and it made me feel very, very poor and out of place, lol. Not in the cards for me this lifetime. But that's OK. I just found a great deal on a beautiful mechanical Tissot that I'll be very happy to get for Christmas. Entry level, but still Swiss made. :)

thank you Betty
i hope you get your watch
then we need a picture of this new watch

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy, I don't fit in most of the threads here either!
I don't have one single thing made by David Klass! That makes me an outsider right there.
I never ever had a custom piece made!
I can't afford that, no way.

I make my own jewelry, and I keep shoving turquoise down everyone's throat!

And what about all my used thrift store and pawn shop stuff? Haha!
That's why I hang around the antique and vintage thread.

And I don't even have a cleaning lady.
So, no, I don't fit in, but I keep posting anyway!
I like to show that beautiful jewelry can be had without the big fancy prices.

We love you, Daisy, don't ever go away!

i adore your turquoise, i love turquoise, i think you are rather clever how beautiful all your pieces turn out and i love that your hubby wears some too
and the who wants to see my haul from today thread has become my favoutite
i love you find all the once loved stuff and you love it again, plus you have a great eye and find some great deals
thank you stracci

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear you. Then again I've never felt a sense of belonging anywhere, not just PS. It's been a lonely journey, this life so far. I've had plenty of counseling about it, more than I can afford, it's part of who I am, the sum total of how I was born and what happened after.

I adore your jewelry, and I adore you. You're rich in personality and compassion, I'm constantly amazed at how patient and loyal you are. When you're around, the aloneness goes away a little for me. Thank you for that. Keep shining @Daisys and Diamonds, I can see your soul from here.

oh dear Begonia, m sorry i dont live closer, we could dust off the good cups and saucers (i would buy what ever milk you want)
lonliness is hard, but it ebbs and flows,
thank you

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

You will always fit in here, Dais. There is room for everyone, even us misfits!
I love you all, and I look for you. You all being here? Means something to me.

So, don't you be going anywhere.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, from what I have seen you post, you are an amazing person with a wonderful wit and kindness.

When I first joined I shared mainly pictures of my rabbit and other pets because I didn’t own any fine jewelry. Believe me when I tell you that I have felt like an outsider but for different reasons, still here though.

So, please don’t feel like an outsider, you are a valued member and I for one really enjoy seeing the items and jewelry you share here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results