shape
carat
color
clarity

Random Thoughts

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything is taking longer than normal. I hope it’s all fixed and working when you pick it up!

it better be for the price of the part !
see i probably need a new one
but i definatly get my money's worth out of my samsungs
it has been such a good phone it doesnt owe me a cent especially as i brought it a year old from trade me (NZ Ebay)
a new one would still be more than 10 times the price of the new part so if i can get another year out of it im not complaining

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Spent quite a bit on an Ego battery-driven snow thrower, as the ex took the one we had with him when he moved out. I don't like the smell of gasoline on me, and don't have the strength to pull the cord to start it. So far, we were due for two snow incidents, and nothing happened. We're supposed to get a good amount from a Nor'easter coming Friday into Saturday here in NJ. Will I get to use it, or should I just continue to call it my insurance policy against it snowing?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spent quite a bit on an Ego battery-driven snow thrower, as the ex took the one we had with him when he moved out. I don't like the smell of gasoline on me, and don't have the strength to pull the cord to start it. So far, we were due for two snow incidents, and nothing happened. We're supposed to get a good amount from a Nor'easter coming Friday into Saturday here in NJ. Will I get to use it, or should I just continue to call it my insurance policy against it snowing?

:lol: It’s like taking an umbrella when they forecast rain..It only rains when you left the umbrella at home!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh6-60.gif

According to this, yeah y'all might get a little. ;)2

I believe this is part of the weather system that is going to give us falling iguana warnings in Florida. They're saying 39F in Miami.

• Wow
Reactions: DAF

Voodoo Child

Shiny_Rock
I live in Michigan where we get a lot of lake effect snow from the Great Lakes. We replaced our old gas snowblower with the Ego two-stage with the metal auger two years ago and it absolutely eats through everything! If you ever do get snow, you’ll be well prepared. I would recommend getting a small bottle of ceramic coating (the kind that is used on cars) and using an old towel put a light coating on the inside of the auger housing and the chute. This will prevent snow from sticking to the inside, causing a jam. Just make sure you take the batteries out first for safety reasons before you go putting your hands in the auger housing!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I live in Michigan where we get a lot of lake effect snow from the Great Lakes. We replaced our old gas snowblower with the Ego two-stage with the metal auger two years ago and it absolutely eats through everything! If you ever do get snow, you’ll be well prepared. I would recommend getting a small bottle of ceramic coating (the kind that is used on cars) and using an old towel put a light coating on the inside of the auger housing and the chute. This will prevent snow from sticking to the inside, causing a jam. Just make sure you take the batteries out first for safety reasons before you go putting your hands in the auger housing!

I purchased the 2405 model, it is a two-stage and it has the stronger batteries. Says it will clear an 18 car driveway of eight inches of heavy snow on a single charge, and also handle what the road department plows back on the apron (ice and boulders). It has a little shovel-spoon to help clear clogs, but yes, I know that I should not be sticking my hands in running power equipment. Thanks for the ceramic coating tip, sounds better than non-stick cooking spray.

On another note, I tried to go grocery shopping last night and the parking lot of ShopRite was a madhouse, so I went home. Heading out soon to the small supermarket around the corner to try again.

Here's the latest prediction:
1643416626296.png

I'm about where the pink dot is.

Last edited:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm in Michigan too. We getting hit today for sure, snowing from now to Thursday at 10p. Up to 17in predicted. But honestly we get hit every winter so to be expected.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
some of you may remember this material:
20211112_173924.jpg

It did eventually become this dress:
20220131_0958149.jpg

You get to see my ugly winter yard...lol

20220131_151028.jpg

The material wasn't the easiest to work with, its pretty fiddly, slips around like water and rather fragile, but I do like a challenge. This is a higher end rayon challis (not satin faced which would have been worse!!) I absolutely had to alter this dress. It was (and still is ) too long. I did a rolled hem and cut 6 inches off the pattern. I may do another inch so I can attempt to wear with flats. As it stands, it totally drags the ground without heels. Also changed the arms to be shorter, otherwise they would come to my wrists, and a higher neckline. the previous one was super couture and very low! I sewed this one 4 inches higher I put in an invisible zipper which was actually rather fun and easier than I thought it would be! eventually I'll get better doing that. Lets hope!!

Cost of materials:
fabric was $5.25/yard. I used a total of 4.5 yards. Its designer deadstock so I can't get more.
zipper was 3.00. the hook assembly was .99 cents

Time: took 14 hours. Its because I'm methodical...lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its going to be hot today :(2
Am planning on walking through town on the way to work as i need to go to vodaphone and i also have another wee bundle of repairs to drop off at the jewler- no ring resizes as its too hot right now but a silver rope necklaces shorten, some engraving, need some earing backs- nothing too excitting

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
20211112_173924.jpg

20220131_0958149.jpg

20220131_151028.jpg

The material wasn't the easiest to work with, its pretty fiddly, slips around like water and rather fragile, but I do like a challenge. This is a higher end rayon challis (not satin faced which would have been worse!!) I absolutely had to alter this dress. It was (and still is ) too long. I did a rolled hem and cut 6 inches off the pattern. I may do another inch so I can attempt to wear with flats. As it stands, it totally drags the ground without heels. Also changed the arms to be shorter, otherwise they would come to my wrists, and a higher neckline. the previous one was super couture and very low! I sewed this one 4 inches higher I put in an invisible zipper which was actually rather fun and easier than I thought it would be! eventually I'll get better doing that. Lets hope!!

Cost of materials:
fabric was $5.25/yard. I used a total of 4.5 yards. Its designer deadstock so I can't get more.

Great job!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20211112_173924.jpg

20220131_0958149.jpg

20220131_151028.jpg

Cost of materials:

So so beautiful, @Arcadian !!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So i always notice my customer's jewlery
On Thursday a regular told me she likes the pendants i wear
Me - with my rather ecliptic collections of mall/ inherited/ trade me (NZ ebay) and costume pieces
:kiss2: o_O

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
20211112_173924.jpg

20220131_0958149.jpg

20220131_151028.jpg

Cost of materials:

That turned out rather exceptional
Well done you =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is,really bad flooding in Australia's east of late
its really bad
its hardly getting any media coverage here (and i live practically next door)
Putin and covid fill up the news and leave no room for the floods
i don't think i would have noticed either or at least not realized how bad it was if @Bron357 hasn't told me

@Garry H (Cut Nut) i hope your bussiness and home is keeping dry ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good news
its now cool at night
i have the duvet back on the bed
And my rings fit again!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

We still need rain but at least im not getting heat exhustion walking home from work

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If one puts Dove chocolate far enough away from where one is seated, one can do ab crunches while reaching for the chocolate.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If one puts Dove chocolate far enough away from where one is seated, one can do ab crunches while reaching for the chocolate.

:)

Thank you for the laugh @Matata .

I put the chocolate at the farthest end of the basement hoping all the going up and down stairs and back and forth would take away some of the calories. It didn’t work out so well for me. Who would guess eating 30 lbs of chocolate would put weight on a person?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who would guess eating 30 lbs of chocolate would put weight on a person

I have developed Haagen Dasz hips and butt these past 2 years due to more stressors than the pandemic. So easy to gain, so difficult to lose.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a complement today on my “rectangle crystal ring”. It’s an emerald cut three stone diamond ring. I didn’t correct him..Haha

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This weekend I'll be going to a bead show in Pompano beach. From what I've seen its small (I missed intergem at the fairgrounds) Of course if its crowded to the hilt I may not even walk in there.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a complement today on my “rectangle crystal ring”. It’s an emerald cut three stone diamond ring. I didn’t correct him..Haha

"Crystal" ???? I think we've seen that crystal ring!
OMG, I bet you wanted to go all 'Will Smith" on him!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bead show was "interesting" I could find cheaper online (shouldn't say that but ...yeah) though there are a few notable differences that at least at one booth that had some very nice beads indeed! Still, I played it safe because as you know, they dye and fry just about everything if they can get away with it.

Next, working on a jacket. Not just any jacket, "The Jacket". Its only a first draft so I have a lot of things wrong here and as you can see, drag lines and hallow areas everywhere. Its a process. I'm working on 2 already and its def. much better. If it goes well it will be the last adjustment before I make the final pattern. The Jacket, toile 1

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20211112_173924.jpg

20220131_0958149.jpg

20220131_151028.jpg

Cost of materials:

That is gorgeous! I was having a hard time picturing it when you posted the fabric and have been hoping you would share the completed project. I love the fabric and that dress is just stunning. I'm picturing that being dressed up or down with jewelry according to where you wear it. Truly beautiful work!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im watching the joint NZ & Australian dawn service from Gallipoli
Just wanted to send all our Australian PSers a big g'day mate from across the ditch, we do love you
175475710_2281027378695985_7847336374179729547_n.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are two months into homeschooling and we are working on quotation marks. I told “J” that the question mark after tea needed to be inside the quotation marks. Well if you look really closely in between the lines, there it is.

Yes kids are very literal at this age but this one is just trying to be the next Jerry Seinfeld.

0E384E75-7917-465B-B4C6-6B63A224BF1C.jpeg 0E384E75-7917-465B-B4C6-6B63A224BF1C.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results