color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poor Tibby has been a bit displaced this week
we have a big lilly pilly tree and through the day he lies under it in the grass in the shade, but it is in full rather magnificent bloom and humming with bees
Im not sure if its the bees or the falling flower bits that have coated everything that he'd not keen on but it explains why he's moved out to the driveway
I have since thrown down a cat blankie on the bag of potting mix
20200213_201657.jpg 20200221_094141.jpg 20200216_192956.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor Tibby has been a bit displaced this week
we have a big lilly pilly tree and through the day he lies under it in the grass in the shade, but it is in full rather magnificent bloom and humming with bees
Im not sure if its the bees or the falling flower bits that have coated everything that he'd not keen on but it explains why he's moved out to the driveway
I have since thrown down a cat blankie on the bag of potting mix
20200213_201657.jpg 20200221_094141.jpg 20200216_192956.jpg

Aww Tibby is a love. :love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, show your DH, maybe he would appreciate my amateur photography skills here lol! Truth be told I have always wanted to print and frame a picture of each one of our pets both past and present. It would take up a whole wall since we have had 18 pets over the years!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meet Cookie.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 3.35.23 PM.png

Her foster name is Cookie but not her permanent name if we adopt her. I am leaning towards Trixie. But haven't started thinking of names yet. Don't want to get too attached til we know for sure. We are waiting for her RW culture results and if it comes back negative we might be having her join our family.

The adult cats don't engage with Oliver (mainly because he plays too rough) and we were hoping Cookie might be just the addition we need to help Oliver have a happy kitten hood. After we adopted him this past summer and went through all we did I said never again am I adopting a kitten. I want to adopt an older cat who would have a harder time finding a good home. I love the older cats. So sweet and mellow and chill. But a kitten is our best bet to engage with and be a good playmate with Oliver. Or she may not and then we go back to the drawing board.

But the head of the Brooklyn rescue group we are working with suggested Cookie because she isn't in a great situation (moved from foster to foster due to difficulties with the fosters kittens) and she is supposedly super sweet. We met her yesterday and she is very shy which is understandable given all she has been through. But she does seem sweet. If this works out it will be a win win for Cookie and for Oliver so fingers crossed.

Right before they left yesterday we let Oliver sniff her in her carrier. We didn't allow contact due to my fear of RW. Weird what happened though because after he sniffed her he went under the dining room table and wouldn't come out. Not sure that bears well but he is generally very aggressive with all new cats so this was a change. The rescue person told us that Cookie can hold her own and can play rough if need be and play gentle if need be to allay my concerns since Oliver plays rough. So we shall see.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 3.41.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 3.36.23 PM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Atticus is serious about guarding his food. No one gets in without the password. :bigsmile:

Guardian.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Atticus is serious about guarding his food. No one gets in without the password. :bigsmile:

Guardian.jpg

He’s beautiful! Atticus looks like a cheetah or leopard! I would remember the password! Lol

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bailey is waiting for my son’s bus..He doesn’t like the bus driver to take him! It takes all my strength to hold him back from running up to the bus when it pulls up! Would you believe he had TPLO surgery? The surgeon did such a good job! Not bad for eleven years old!
15DC0050-8087-4246-B376-B3CCBA6744BD.jpeg 35CC6A87-38E6-4DCD-B72B-AA32B2040BBE.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bailey is waiting for my son’s bus..He doesn’t like the bus driver to take him! It takes all my strength to hold him back from running up to the bus when it pulls up! Would you believe he had TPLO surgery? The surgeon did such a good job! Not bad for eleven years old!
15DC0050-8087-4246-B376-B3CCBA6744BD.jpeg 35CC6A87-38E6-4DCD-B72B-AA32B2040BBE.jpeg

Oh Bailey looks amazing. So handsome and youthful

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Bailey looks amazing. So handsome and youthful

Thank you Missy! His surgeon was amazing. I swear by Cosequin..He’s on a maintenance dose of two a day. I started that after his surgery. I think it keeps him limber..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m falling in love with Cookie. She seems so sweet. I hope she comes back free of RW.. I know you said it takes longer to know but that would be a positive (good) result...I wonder what other kiddos will think of a kitten..lol...

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping my fingers crossed, for cookie @missy! You're such a wonderful mom to your furba!! Truly putting them before everything else!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I’m falling in love with Cookie. She seems so sweet. I hope she comes back free of RW.. I know you said it takes longer to know but that would be a positive (good) result...I wonder what other kiddos will think of a kitten..lol...

Keeping my fingers crossed, for cookie @missy! You're such a wonderful mom to your furba!! Truly putting them before everything else!

Thank you @Mamabean and @kipari I really appreciate your continued good wishes. We shall see. I think Bobby and Tommy would be happy with no more family members but Oliver needs someone to play with besides Greg and me. We aren't enough for him. He deserves a playmate. But having said that there are no guarantees re getting another kitten that she/he will play with and engage with Oliver and vice versa. We had been super lucky up to this point with our cats but I guess our luck ran out and just hoping we can get everyone back on track.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meet Cookie.

Her foster name is Cookie but not her permanent name if we adopt her. I am leaning towards Trixie. But haven't started thinking of names yet. Don't want to get too attached til we know for sure. We are waiting for her RW culture results and if it comes back negative we might be having her join our family.

The adult cats don't engage with Oliver (mainly because he plays too rough) and we were hoping Cookie might be just the addition we need to help Oliver have a happy kitten hood. After we adopted him this past summer and went through all we did I said never again am I adopting a kitten. I want to adopt an older cat who would have a harder time finding a good home. I love the older cats. So sweet and mellow and chill. But a kitten is our best bet to engage with and be a good playmate with Oliver. Or she may not and then we go back to the drawing board.

But the head of the Brooklyn rescue group we are working with suggested Cookie because she isn't in a great situation (moved from foster to foster due to difficulties with the fosters kittens) and she is supposedly super sweet. We met her yesterday and she is very shy which is understandable given all she has been through. But she does seem sweet. If this works out it will be a win win for Cookie and for Oliver so fingers crossed.

Right before they left yesterday we let Oliver sniff her in her carrier. We didn't allow contact due to my fear of RW. Weird what happened though because after he sniffed her he went under the dining room table and wouldn't come out. Not sure that bears well but he is generally very aggressive with all new cats so this was a change. The rescue person told us that Cookie can hold her own and can play rough if need be and play gentle if need be to allay my concerns since Oliver plays rough. So we shall see.

I've been gone a while - Cookie is ADORABLE!!!! I hope she fits in nicely with your others :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been gone a while - Cookie is ADORABLE!!!! I hope she fits in nicely with your others :kiss2:

Thank you @violet3, glad you are back. And your furry babies are just beautiful. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Meet Cookie.

Ooooh! I love her and her little white sock toes!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
had to let Gretta go today. Kidney disease progressed. Lungs filling with fluid. Not eating. Got her and her brother at six weeks. Almost thirteen years now.
I wasn’t even there. I was in a lyft trying to get back. i think I told her I loved her this morning. I did again on the phone whilst she was at the vet. her dad was there, last thing she did was groom his face.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
had to let Gretta go today. Kidney disease progressed. Lungs filling with fluid. Not eating. Got her and her brother at six weeks. Almost thirteen years now.
I wasn’t even there. I was in a lyft trying to get back. i think I told her I loved her this morning. I did again on the phone whilst she was at the vet. her dad was there, last thing she did was groom his face.

Oh no, my heart is heavy for you @yssie. You gave Gretta a wonderful life. She knew you loved her very much. I know you are suffering and I'm so sorry. Sending hugs and comfort <3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I’m so sorry @yssie....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@yssie BIG sigh. Very sorry. :((

healing vibes across the miles--Sharon

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, @yssie, I'm so sorry! It sounds like she knew she was well-loved.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie, I am absolutely sure she knew how much mum & dad loved her......RIP ......& keeps living in your hearts forever!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry @yssie. She knew how much you loved her and you did all you could and when the time came you gave her the ultimate gift. The gift of freedom from suffering and the gift of peace . Sending you gentle hugs. I am so sorry for your loss.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sorry for your loss @yssie Its never long enough. Never. But she knew you loved her and that goes a long way.

alleyquit

Rough_Rock
Recently, I book an apartment in Dubai from here https://www.dubairent.com to stay their some days and enjoy with Johny(dog). But they don't allow dog there.
Any recommendation where dog are allowed?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So, so sorry! This is the worst decision to have to make - sending huge hugs to you :cry2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results