color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't deliberately choose bedding that matched Juba Kai but he obviously approves.

Juba cuteness.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Atticus trying to get Alan to play.

Alan & Atticus.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SparklieBug Atticus is a Savannah cat. He weighs 27 lbs, is almost 22 inches at the shoulder, and almost 3 feet long from tip of nose to base of tail. His dad is an African Serval and Atticus, by pure luck of the genetic dice, got his size from his dad. A friend of mine has Atticus's brother from the same litter and he's slightly larger than an average house cat. This is Falkor, his dad. Falkor.png

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@SparklieBug Atticus is a Savannah cat. He weighs 27 lbs, is almost 22 inches at the shoulder, and almost 3 feet long from tip of nose to base of tail. His dad is an African Serval and Atticus, by pure luck of the genetic dice, got his size from his dad. A friend of mine has Atticus's brother from the same litter and he's slightly larger than an average house cat. This is Falkor, his dad. Falkor.png
@Matata Atticus is HUGE! His papa is gorgeous, too.

Not to sidetrack this thread too much... What is his nature like—does he tend to have his "compliance gene" flicked on? Well, much as any cat can, that is. :razz:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SparklieBug He is pure feline but with the intensity gene ramped up. Focused, smart, stubborn, sweet as sugar, hyper-vigilant, rarely sleeps longer than 15 minutes at a time, always engaged in whatever activity I'm attempting to do, bonded only to me but tolerant of a few other people he sees frequently. It's difficult to explain but everything he does is just MORE feline than the average semi-compliant cat.

We have childproof locks on all toilets as well as cabinets and drawers we don't want him getting into. Changed all our interior doorknobs to lock from both sides (he can open round and lever knobs). Replaced our wood floors with vinyl plank because he loves to play in water, turns on the faucets and has a good time. Our laundry room and kitchen have been flooded three times. Anything breakable that survived kitten hood is secured to furniture and walls with museum putty.

When you live with a SV -- especially the higher generations F1 through F3 -- you adapt your life to the cat and you have to have a sense of humor and infinite patience. I have 3 other SVs in addition to Atticus, 2 F2s and an F6.

spooning.png

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Four of these catlets?! That's incredible! Thank you for the "verbal visuals"—Atticus sounds like he could use the computer or a phone to order catnip if he were so inclined. LOL! What a character he is!

That's a lovely family shot. Guessing that Atticus is on patrol rather than be asleep with the other "tame" ones. :lol:

Thanks again, and I hope you post more pictures and stories at some point. :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SparklieBug He is pure feline but with the intensity gene ramped up. Focused, smart, stubborn, sweet as sugar, hyper-vigilant, rarely sleeps longer than 15 minutes at a time, always engaged in whatever activity I'm attempting to do, bonded only to me but tolerant of a few other people he sees frequently. It's difficult to explain but everything he does is just MORE feline than the average semi-compliant cat.

We have childproof locks on all toilets as well as cabinets and drawers we don't want him getting into. Changed all our interior doorknobs to lock from both sides (he can open round and lever knobs). Replaced our wood floors with vinyl plank because he loves to play in water, turns on the faucets and has a good time. Our laundry room and kitchen have been flooded three times. Anything breakable that survived kitten hood is secured to furniture and walls with museum putty.

When you live with a SV -- especially the higher generations F1 through F3 -- you adapt your life to the cat and you have to have a sense of humor and infinite patience. I have 3 other SVs in addition to Atticus, 2 F2s and an F6.

spooning.png

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. But (I think and never say never) you have cured me of ever wanting a Savannah of my own. I cannot even deal with the garden variety DSH housecat. ::)

If we ever get done with the RW gate maybe one day I can visit because I am in love with your babies. Though who knows if they would be OK with a stranger hugging them...I am guessing Atticus would not be happy if I were to visit.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The above link/site caused me to stay up far past my usual bedtime, despite having to get up early this morning! LOL! What an adventure for your household—and I'm only up to page 22 due to carefully looking at ALL the pictures, and ALL the videos.

You deserve a medal for heroism if you make it all the way through.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we ever get done with the RW gate maybe one day I can visit because I am in love with your babies.

Next time I'm in Brooklyn visiting stepson, we should get together for a visit and discuss. Oregon is a long way to come to see cats, only one of whom will allow you to hug him (and it isn't Atticus). Juba Kai is a universal lover who'll drool all over you; Taji is huggable but squirrelly and doesn't like to stay still very long; Maliik doesn't even like it when I pet him; and Atticus, well, you might be able to sneak in a chin scratch without getting bruised.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
You deserve a medal for heroism if you make it all the way through.
LOL! Well, I'm on the road for a few days, and I expect that I'll be able to view a whole lotta cat SV photos (your crew and others in the related thread) in my spare time. :kiss2:

My hubby doesn't love cats at all; I love most any fuzzy, curry critters. So, although I think they're hilarious and fun, there will be no feline friends in our house—however, I can adore the SVs (and others) from afar!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@violet3 how are Rhonda and Brody doing?

I am so sorry I didn't see this! Rhonda and Brodie are much better - no more coughing! It was a rough run around here for a while. How are your sweet babies doing?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
furlover.jpg

Love this Meme

This is totally my house. The other day my husband said the two little dogs were so easy, we could have six of them and they wouldn't be much trouble. My head immediately shot up, and he started saying "No! Forget I said that! I didn't mean it!" :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry I didn't see this! Rhonda and Brodie are much better - no more coughing! It was a rough run around here for a while. How are your sweet babies doing?

Wonderful that Rhonda and Brodie are doing well! Yay! We are hanging in there thanks for asking @violet3 and taking it one day at a time. We keep plugging along and treating the cats and hoping for good news soon. Fred is very weak and not sure he is going to be able to beat this. We hope and pray he can and to that end doing all we can for him. But we realize it may not be enough.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Presenting Riggs or as we call him Rigatoni. Awwww. Happy birthday sweet baby.

ricksdog.JPG \

riggsbirthday.png

riggsandbirthdaycake.png

riggsbirthday.jpeg.png

Haha only crazy animal people will get this. :love:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
thoughts and prayers required for all critters unfortunate enough to live in countries who still choose to partake in the ridiculous tradition of guy faulks and fire works
the sooner all firework sales are banned the better
the noise coming from next door is about to send me under the bed
i don't know where Tibby is
it started while it was still light
i was going to shut him in the laundry but im hoping he is hunkered down somewhere safe
Borris is in the kitchen, she seems ok because it all seems to be noise and no sky rockets this year

the worst thing is this goes on for days and then some people squiral away some for New Year or birthdays

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s the same thing here @Daisys and Diamonds. Today (Nov 5th) is Guy Fawkes night, but people have been setting off fireworks since before the weekend. My only consolation that my sweet Dottie isn’t with us anymore, Is that she was always absolutely terrified by the loud bangs and whistles. She would try and find somewhere to hide, but being a big dog, she couldn’t get under anything. We would take her upstairs, close all the curtains and put the TV on as loud as we could stand it to try and drown out the noise till it was over. I read today of an 18 week old puppy being so terrified, it died of a heart attack.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s the same thing here @Daisys and Diamonds. Today (Nov 5th) is Guy Fawkes night, but people have been setting off fireworks since before the weekend. My only consolation that my sweet Dottie isn’t with us anymore, Is that she was always absolutely terrified by the loud bangs and whistles. She would try and find somewhere to hide, but being a big dog, she couldn’t get under anything. We would take her upstairs, close all the curtains and put the TV on as loud as we could stand it to try and drown out the noise till it was over. I read today of an 18 week old puppy being so terrified, it died of a heart attack.

that is so sad, poor innocent defenceless puppy
i read today of a horse impaled on a fence
Tibby turned up not long after the worst of it last night, he smelt like an arsonist
he's not surposed to be unsupervised in the house and he's not allowed into the front of the house so i slept in the lounge with him and Borris
by 3am he was ready to go back outside (he has plenty of warm dry cozy beds, front and back porch, under the eves on either side of the back door and on a chair in the laundry

we worked out we are one block back from a park, its the most fire works ive ever known outside of a public displays

one thing im certain, there are no fireworks in dog or cat heaven

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i smell like jellymeat (not sure what flavour)
Tibby enjoyed his breakfast then came over for his morning cuddle
i was patting him and felt something odd halfway down his side
i thought gross! a slug
no - it was the jelly part of the jelly meat
anyway he 'washed it off) and told me he had been saving it for Ron ..as in latter on

we are beginning to think he only went to school to eat his lunch

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can't wait for Tibby to come home for his supper tonight
(supper not being the name of the evening meal here - rather a light snack before bed)
because we had roast chicken for tea (the evening meal) and he adores chicken and will be so happy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results