shape
carat
color
clarity

Rainbow Sapphire Eternity Ring - Opinions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking about ordering a ring, similar to this, from My Jewelry Source. Should I get it in WG, RG or YG? These sapphires are 3mm in size. Should I go a bit larger? Say 4mm instead? Honest opinions requested.
21.gif

Lori

w1281-sapphire-eternity-ring.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the WG version.

Lori

w1791-sapphire-eternity-1.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, WG! The color shows much better without being distracted by the gold. My personal opinion, 3mm sounds good, any larger the ring will look bulky.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the 3mm. I like the YG.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly like the gold tone with the stones. The white gold seems to stand out too much for me and draw your eyes to the metal instead of the stones.
The yellow gold doesnt seem to grab the attention away from the stones.

Edit - I just double checked the pictures...there is more metal on the white gold ring then there is on the gold tone ring. That may be part of it but
I still have to go with the gold!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
WG and 3mm!!!

knitwit

Rough_Rock
WG and 3mm...love the rainbow of colors. Happy! Happy!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think the metal colour really matters because you have a wide range of gemstone colours. I like the 3 mm stones, but 4 mm would be nice too. I'm of no help at all, am I?
9.gif
I know quite a few ladies can pull of the 4 mm ring, and if you are one of those fortunate ones, that'll be my choice.

ETA
Is it just me that the top picture has a thinner bezel and the second picture shows a clunky & thick bezel?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 4:07:17 PM
Author: Chrono
I don''t think the metal colour really matters because you have a wide range of gemstone colours. I like the 3 mm stones, but 4 mm would be nice too. I''m of no help at all, am I?
9.gif
I know quite a few ladies can pull of the 4 mm ring, and if you are one of those fortunate ones, that''ll be my choice.

ETA
Is it just me that the top picture has a thinner bezel and the second picture shows a clunky & thick bezel?
I noticed that difference, too. Strange.

For me, I''d choose white gold but I actually think they both look lovely.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 4:21:33 PM
Author: icekid

I don''t think the metal colour really matters because you have a wide range of gemstone colours. I like the 3 mm stones, but 4 mm would be nice too. I''m of no help at all, am I?
9.gif
I know quite a few ladies can pull of the 4 mm ring, and if you are one of those fortunate ones, that''ll be my choice.

ETA

I noticed the thicker bezel on the wg version and would ask for the thinner bezel like the yg one. Thank you for the honesty...I truly appreciate it!
21.gif

Lori

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:21:31 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 3/22/2009 4:21:33 PM
Author: icekid

9.gif

ETA

I noticed the thicker bezel on the wg version and would ask for the thinner bezel like the yg one. Thank you for the honesty...I truly appreciate it!
21.gif

Lori
I like the 3mm. And for some reason, I really like the yellow gold! IF you have other YG pieces.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
White. Definately white gold.

Where are you buying from? Such a pretty ring.

I would love a rhr like that but I have decided not to spend anything on jewelery this year.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 6:49:46 PM
Author: asscherisme
White. Definately white gold.

Where are you buying from? Such a pretty ring.

I would love a rhr like that but I have decided not to spend anything on jewelery this year.
This is from My Sapphire Source aka My Jewelry Source. They have an awesome interest free layaway plan.
9.gif

Lori

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I thought so. I have been eyeing that same ring for a long time now :) It would look awesome on my right hand.

Well if I'm not going to get it this year, at least you get to enjoy it.

If you buy it, please post photos of it.

edited to add, if price is not an issue I would go for 4mm. But then again, I think with the bezel 3 may be OK. 3mm is very small though so I would tihnk it would give it a different look. If worn alone though I think 4mm would look nice.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I own a rainbow sapphire bracelet. I looked at both the yellow gold and the white gold versions in person, and ended up choosing the white gold version. This is from someone who normally prefers yellow gold. I felt that the colors of the sapphires were brighter and less muddied when set in white gold. I expect that the same would be true of a ring.

Either 3 mm or 4 mm would be lovely, but I would think that the 3 mm size would have more sapphire colors and be a bit more wearable.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with the WG.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the WG, it makes the stones "pop" more, and the gold looks to be more substantial on the WG version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results