shape
carat
color
clarity

Ragdoll "parents" -- this thread''s for you! Brag and post photos here!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG, what a gorgeous cat!!! KittenKat, I love your kitty too! Beautiful
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG catmom - I LOVE the sleep rumply-ness!! I just want to curl up on the bed and bury my face in that furry fluffy tummy!!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Harleigh - isn't he funny? He is SO CUTE (hence why I'm constantly trying to capture it in pictures and it never seems to translate fully). Thanks though - I so enjoyed your pictures of your big handsome boy in your other thread
1.gif

Lynn - I'm glad you liked the new pictures
9.gif
He really is one of the most beautiful kitties I've ever seen (not that I'm biased)
3.gif
but I really am constantly amazed at how he came into our lives basically by chance and how he has grown from that cute little scrap of a kitten into this huge, gorgeous creature!

Thanks Skippy - he's really a sweetie pie too, more and more so as he gets older
9.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh AG I just looooove Oliver''s tufty feeties. I could stare at those all day.
30.gif
30.gif
He would SOOO hate me because I wouldn''t be able to control myself around them.
27.gif

I also love the one-eyed pic when he''s just waking up...kinda like ''i''m still sooooo sleepies, but i''ve got my eye on you!!''

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Oliver is so handsome! His feet are cute too, love tuffties toostsies!! I am keeping scissors away from my bf, so that Omie''s tuffties can grow in.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
FG - we can''t control ourselves around his whole self, so I''m sure you''d be a welcome change! DH and I joke a lot about what rotten kitty parents we are because he''s just irresistable when it comes to picking him up, snuggling him, burying your face in his furryness, playing with the tufty feeties...the ragdoll floppiness definitely makes it worse! We just can''t control ourselves...
15.gif
But I think he secretly enjoys it, as he doesn''t struggle to get away when he''s being forcibly snuggled, just kind of sits there and seems OK with it
27.gif
11.gif
Except when he''s in the mood to snuggle, and then you can''t get him off you!!

Omieluv - I can''t wait to see her precious tufty feeties all grown in!! You must take many many pictures of the adorableness!
36.gif
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What great pics!!!! I love this thread. I think it''s the toe fur. DH constantly threatens shaving Leo''s off!

teetee

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread! I had to join in the fun and post some pics of my Teddy. He''s a blue bicolor ragdoll.

(I wish PS would allow links to photos. I went ahead and resized a couple to share.)

Here is Teddy at about 3 months.

DSC00423.jpg

teetee

Shiny_Rock
His favorite nappy spot. His thick coat seems to make him really hot because he''s aways laying on the tile or in the sinks.

DSC00594e.jpg

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Here's Teddy after his first haircut at about 9 months old. He looks so cute but I can't wait for his beautiful coat to grow back. He just turned 1 year old last month...I will need to get my BF to bring the camera over to take some updated pics.

DSC00701.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh TeeTee, Teddy is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing him with us!

One small question, though, please... if you don''t mind. Um, why did you shave him???!!!
23.gif
2.gif
9.gif
(And you referred to it as his "first" haircut, like you are planning them regularly?!) I can''t imagine ever shaving Boo??!!!
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
He is so adoreable teetee!!!! He and Leo (my ragdoll) are about the same age! Lately, I''ve caught him sleeping in the sink, too.

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Lynn, your Boo is one handsome fellow. I saw your avatar on another post and was wondering if he was a raggie and then found this thread. To answer your question, I had Teddy groomed/shaved because I thought it would help him keep cool during the summer months. A friend of mine has two persians and she gets them shaved 2-3 times a year and said they love it. However, having done it once, I don''t think I will do it again because I don''t know that it helps much to keep him cool because he still prefers to lay on the tile and sinks. Plus we have been keeping the A/C on all day to help keep him comfortable. I can''t wait for his beautiful fur to grow back completely.

Miranda, your Leo is also gorgeous. I love that cream point color and it is coming in very nicely as he gets older. Are you finding that he is starting to mellow out as he gets older and is less kitten crazy?

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Well, it's been an INSANE two weeks, but I'm finally settled in (mostly) to my apartment and can share a few of the kitty pics I've amassed :razz:

They weren't crazy about each other at first but seem to be adjusting slowly but surely. I caught them grooming each other for the first time yesterday, so that's a big step. Mostly Chen has the same problem with MC that I do---MC doesn't understand when to stop the play agression. Luckily Chen is large enough and placid enough that he can sort of sit on MC and not cause him any real damage. Chen doesn't want to play much because our apartment is sooooo hot right now, I shaved him to help him out a little but there's not much for it except lots of water and cool places to lie down until it cools off.

MC LOVES to eat out of Chen's food dish (rolleyes) of course it must taste better! Luckily Chen doesn't seem to care.

Pic One--MC demonstrates his deep obsession with Chen's tail:

mchcen1.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Nooo! The tail is MINE!!!

mcchen2.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Play with me Mr Furry!

mcchen3.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Are you *seriously* licking your lips? That is so gauche! *Sniff*

mcchen5.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
The flash, it makes my eyes like Demon Cat!!! Buahhaha.

mcchen6.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
These kittens, they just wear you out.

mcchen7.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - they look like they are getting along brilliantly RT, maybe Chen will teach MC some manners....
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww Teddy is so precious!!!!

And RT, MC is so HUGE!!! My gosh - I kept imagining him as the little runt who wouldn''t even depress a letter on the keyboard if he was standing on it!! He looks great!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG Teddy is GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Teetee - thank you SO MUCH for sharing pictures, what an incredibly beautiful boy!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''m not surprised that the shaving didn''t help as much with your Raggie as it did with your friend''s Persians - the Persians have the squashed faces that make them more heat-sensitive, also, their coat is different (don''t remember the details of why, but it explains why Persian fur gets mats but Raggie fur doesn''t). I''m so glad you shared pictures of Teddy - he really couldn''t be any more gorgeous! I think I''ve got a crush
12.gif
13.gif
30.gif

RT - I LOVE the new pictures of Chen the magnificent and MC. He has grown SO MUCH!! What an amazing Cinderella story - from a Moroccan street kitten, destined for a short and tragic life, to a pampered and loved housecat who looks to be in the bloom of health!
9.gif
Chen really looks like he''s being amazingly patient with MC - I''m sure they''ll be buddies in no time, and Chen may even help MC get over some of his inappropriate play aggression. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
OMG what great raggie pictures that I have missed until now!
30.gif

Teetee - what a beautiful blue bi-colour you have there, Teddy is so adorable!
RT - Thanks for more pictures of Chen, so beautiful!!

Date: 9/10/2007 2:32:06 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I'm not surprised that the shaving didn't help as much with your Raggie as it did with your friend's Persians - the Persians have the squashed faces that make them more heat-sensitive, also, their coat is different (don't remember the details of why, but it explains why Persian fur gets mats but Raggie fur doesn't). I'm so glad you shared pictures of Teddy - he really couldn't be any more gorgeous! I think I've got a crush
12.gif
13.gif
30.gif
AG - I have read that Persians have double coats, along with other cat breeds, including Himmies. Ragdolls have a single coats & their fur is of a finer texture, so they are not as likely to mat. You may have heard of the myth that raggies do not shed (I have) because they have a single coat. Any raggie owner can tell you that this is not true, however, they do seem to shed less than breeds with a double coat. My parents have a tabby, which has short hair. I swear, that cat sheds more than Omie does, but that cat seems to have a much thicker coat (probably a double coat). You will see this in dogs too...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH RT! LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos of Mr. Chen and Master MC!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

They are doing GREAT!!! And I agree with AG, I''ll bet Chen "teaches that youngen'' " a few kitty manners!!! And I also agree with AG, whatta lucky little mite that MC is!
36.gif

BTW, is he (MC) feeling all better now? Good as new?

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
You all have the most beautiful cats! I am in love with the tufty feet!!

We''re looking to get one more in the future to go with our girls and I would just love a ragdoll. Can I ask- where did you all get your furbabies? Were they from a breeder or good ol'' shelter kitties?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
For my own curiosity....RT...when you say they ''didn''t get along at first''...can you clarify what exactly that involved? Did it involve screaming and scratching and biting? Or just avoidance? Cuz seeing everyone''s cats together is making me really jealous that mine are still completely separated.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 6:34:35 PM
Author: FireGoddess
For my own curiosity....RT...when you say they ''didn''t get along at first''...can you clarify what exactly that involved? Did it involve screaming and scratching and biting? Or just avoidance? Cuz seeing everyone''s cats together is making me really jealous that mine are still completely separated.
Awwwww, FG... I sawwy...
8.gif
39.gif
15.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 6:01:57 PM
Author: shigidigi
You all have the most beautiful cats! I am in love with the tufty feet!!

We're looking to get one more in the future to go with our girls and I would just love a ragdoll. Can I ask- where did you all get your furbabies? Were they from a breeder or good ol' shelter kitties?

Oh Shigidigi, I SOOOOO recommend a Raggie! Boo is the sweetest, funniest, *floppiest!*, gentlest, most lovable cat I have ever seen! We are soooooo in love with him!

He's a "purebred" (the first non-moggie cat we have EVER had!), we got him from a breeder... it wasn't a great experience, and I wouldn't buy from her again... but we're not *sorry* -- because we do have HIM, and he's a prize!
30.gif

Some of the Raggies on this thread were rescue kitties from the shelter, which is so awesome. If you do go through a breeder, do your homework, and if ANYTHING doesn't seem or feel right, then don't stick around there!

Honestly, I love ALL cats, but there is just something so very special about our little Boo!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Shigidigi - I agree with everything Lynn said. We got Leo from a breeder, but, I''d check shelters for sure.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
FG: well, basically MC growled and stalked Chen much like you describe Holly doing to Chole for about 12 hours. But, they weren''t actually *fighting*, just making noise, so we left it alone. They had quite a few spats but I didn''t feel like either of them were going to get hurt, so for the most part I let them tussle it out over things like the bed, who gets to lie down where, etc. If I thought they were getting too rough I separated them for a few minutes or just squirted them both with water. They seem to have shared custody of the bed now, and share food dishes. It got progressively better each day.

I left out 2 litter boxes at first to give them space but now they are OK using one, although sometimes MC still thinks it is a hoot to attack Chen''s tail when it sticks out of the covered box...
20.gif

I think Chen''s placid but firm Raggie temperment and the size difference between them were really key. I would have been terrified of introducing a full grown MC to a full grown Chem...I''d be afraid their fights would be much more serious.

Loreli: I do hope he gets taught some manners! He doesn''t know what "hiss" means, the little doofus.

FG and AG: I can''t believe how big he is either! And yet still so much smaller than Chen
31.gif

Lynn: he is feeling MUCH better, his scar is almost all covered with hair now. somehow he tore up one of his toenails a little bit
20.gif
but I just dip it in some peroxide 2x/day, seems to be just fine. Bled a little but the nail is basically intact.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results