shape
carat
color
clarity

Ragdoll "parents" -- this thread''s for you! Brag and post photos here!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:46:02 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
OMG SO CUTE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE THEM!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I can''t believe how grownup and gorgeous they are - love love love how deep blue the fur is - I don''t think I''ve ever seen a blue point with such vivid fur. Unbelievably beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks AmberGretchen!!!
We affectionally call Speck "The Snow King"
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 9:36:22 AM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
Date: 4/17/2009 10:46:02 PM

Author: AmberGretchen

OMG SO CUTE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE THEM!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I can''t believe how grownup and gorgeous they are - love love love how deep blue the fur is - I don''t think I''ve ever seen a blue point with such vivid fur. Unbelievably beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks AmberGretchen!!!

We affectionally call Speck ''The Snow King''
9.gif

I love their names. And "Snow King" is adorable - he does look very regal
30.gif
30.gif

I think tuxedo Raggies are probably impossible, unfortunately, as part of the Ragdoll genetics is that they are "pointed" - i.e. darker at all the points, and that''s also why they have the gorgeous blue eys. Most tuxedos have yellow or green eyes because that''s how the coat color/eye color genetics works. But you could probably find a tuxedo patterned Raggie mix
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 9:33:39 AM

...I would love to have a black/white long hair tuxedo Ragdoll -- if the breeders ever make this color combo!! (Doubt it)
Hey, LWD, look what I found when I was just cruising around this website:

http://www.solidragdolls.com/solid_home.html

Look at this little guy!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Supposedly a purebred Ragdoll! However, I do know that non-pointed, non-blue-eyed Ragdolls are still considered a bit unconventional and controversial by some breeders.

Another option, too (for just about ANY color of fur and eyes), would be a Ragamuffin; probably a great choice, actually; they are supposed to be every bit as wonderful in temperament and personality as Ragdolls.

Anyway, I thought that was interesting -- just HAD to share!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

Tuxedo_Raggie.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 10:12:52 PM
Author: Lynn B

...I would love to have a black/white long hair tuxedo Ragdoll -- if the breeders ever make this color combo!! (Doubt it)

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Supposedly a purebred Ragdoll! However, I do know that non-pointed, non-blue-eyed Ragdolls are still considered a bit unconventional and controversial by some breeders.

Another option, too (for just about ANY color of fur and eyes), would be a Ragamuffin; probably a great choice, actually; they are supposed to be every bit as wonderful in temperament and personality as Ragdolls.

2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn
Solid ragdolls are ragdolls and I have read that they are used to strengthen pointed lines (I think that is what Ann Baker used to do...she founded the ragdoll breed).

Ragamuffins are essentially ragdolls, just are bred in different color patterns & eye colors. They came about when Ann Baker decided to start breeding different patterns in ragdolls, which did not meet breed standard. Her actions divided people in the ragdoll world, where there was a faction supporting Ann Baker and a faction supporting the agreed upon existing breed standard (pointed cats at the time). So, she simply started the ragamuffin breed.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I have fallen far behind in this thread! So many beautiful pictures of raggies to gaze at
30.gif

lovewhitediamonds - Your fur kids are adorable!

I have not had a photo shoot with the diva, but I managed to snap this one off on Friday.

Omie.window.04.18.09.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 2:01:57 AM
Author: omieluv
Wow, I have fallen far behind in this thread! So many beautiful pictures of raggies to gaze at
30.gif

I have not had a photo shoot with the diva, but I managed to snap this one off on Friday.
OHMYGOODNESS!!! Another MAGAZINE-WORTHY photo, for sure!!! Look at that picture, doesn''t it look like it should be on the cover of Cat Fancy?!
36.gif

There are some REALLY awesome photos in this thread!!!

She is sooooo beautiful! Thanks for the new photo!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 2:01:57 AM
30.gif

Omie - I agree with Ms. Lynn - this is totally a magazine-worthy picture - the light and the composition are beautiful, and then of course there''s Ms. Gorgeous Diva in the middle of it all
9.gif
9.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 10:12:52 PM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn
OMG Lynn! I WANT THAT CAT!
I wonder if they would have the same personality as the purebreed Ragdolls?
Thanks for sharing.... I will also check out the Ragamuffin too.. never heard of it, thanks! Just gotta convince DH we need #3!! This one is also pretty....

solidragdolls_gemsdolls_sealsepia.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 7:48:14 PM

Thanks for sharing.... I will also check out the Ragamuffin too.. never heard of it, thanks! Just gotta convince DH we need #3!! This one is also pretty....
The convincing of DH I can't help you with
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
but I can tell you that yes, those cats are considered Raggies with all the traits and tendencies that we know and love in our *typical* pointed, blue eyed cats.

And Ragamuffins are a purebred breed as well, and every bit as loving and sweet as Ragdolls. They just come in more colors!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: The one you posted is absolutely GORGEOUS! Look at those eyes, they look like jewels!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 9:21:46 PM

Date: 4/19/2009 7:48:14 PM

The convincing of DH I can''t help you with
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
but I can tell you that yes, those cats are considered Raggies with all the traits and tendencies that we know and love in our *typical* pointed, blue eyed cats.

And Ragamuffins are a purebred breed as well, and every bit as loving and sweet as Ragdolls. They just come in more colors!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: The one you posted is absolutely GORGEOUS! Look at those eyes, they look like jewels!
Thanks again Lynn!
Yes, those green eyes are lovely -- and how about those whiskers!
30.gif

Here''s a white mitted kitten -- OH MY!

blkmitmale.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 9:50:56 PM

Thanks again Lynn!
30.gif

SOOOOO CUTE!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LWD, do you think maybe that''s a baby picture of the black and white cat I first posted?

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 10:00:11 PM

Date: 4/19/2009 9:50:56 PM

Thanks again Lynn!
30.gif

SOOOOO CUTE!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LWD, do you think maybe that''s a baby picture of the black and white cat I first posted?
Hi Lynn,
I don''t think so -- the nose is a little different on the adult than the kitten.. I also found the pic of the kitten from another breeders site: http://www.riverdollsragdolls.com/

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
You guys are killing me with these pictures - HOW CUTE IS THAT KITTEN?!!! OMG I just want to smoosh him
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Lynn & AG: Thank you for your kind words regarding the recent Omie photo! I was lucky, as the camera was out on my desk when I saw her grooming herself in the window. I did not have very long to set the shot up on manual mode (I had it set for low light photos), as I would have liked, so I switched to auto to at least get the shot. Apparently, my digicam has a nice auto mode! I have taken several pictures of Omie in her window in the past, but those were with the old camera, so they are not as good. The window itself is very interesting to me, as it is original to the building (built in the 1920's or so). Unfortunately, I was so focused on capturing her in the moment, that I did not pay attention to the entire composition, as the top of the window is cut off & the photo does not appear level. Though it has its faults, I love it, simply because of Omie!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
So, OMG...Omie had to go to the animal hospital ER over the weekend! She was having tummy issues, so we had to take her in Saturday afternoon. Her tests came back fine, but she was quite dehydrated from throwing up Friday and Saturday. They put her on an IV, which meant they had to shave a patch of her beautiful fur right above her front paw. She also needed a catheter too. She was really stressed out, but she came home Monday morning, very groggy because they had to sedate her in order for them to take out the IV & the catheter (she is not very good at the vet). Finally, I noticed she started back to her diva ways, which made me feel better. She has also been grooming herself constantly to make up for 3 days of not getting brushed. My poor diva...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 1:08:03 AM
So, OMG...Omie had to go to the animal hospital ER over the weekend! She was having tummy issues, so we had to take her in Saturday afternoon. Her tests came back fine, but she was quite dehydrated from throwing up Friday and Saturday. They put her on an IV, which meant they had to shave a patch of her beautiful fur right above her front paw. She also needed a catheter too. She was really stressed out, but she came home Monday morning, very groggy because they had to sedate her in order for them to take out the IV & the catheter (she is not very good at the vet). Finally, I noticed she started back to her diva ways, which made me feel better. She has also been grooming herself constantly to make up for 3 days of not getting brushed. My poor diva...

OMG Omie I''m so sorry I missed this - how is Miss Omie doing??? How scary for all of you! I know how terrifying it is to have to take them to the e-vet, I can only imagine...
39.gif

I really hope she is 110% back to her normal self and completely healed - poor baby girl! HUGE hugs from me and my clan (or as much as she''ll tolerate, assuming she''s back to her usual diva self
2.gif
).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so I know there was a request for additional pictures of The Tail, and Mr. Ollie was feeling obliging the other day...

ollieoncushionsackedout99.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Also got some other cute shots, including of his pretty face
30.gif

olliecuteface33.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
it takes a lot of energy to grow tufty feeties like this...

sprawledtuftypaws44.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And finally, Miss Gretchie the diva (Ollie''s favorite sister - he worships her, so cute!) wanted to get in on the act, so here she is modeling in Ollie''s carrier (blue to match his eyes
3.gif
) - this will be holding a very unhappy Ragdoll cat all the way from California to Texas!
23.gif

gretchieincarrier15.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
The carriers are actually pretty cushy - she curled up and went to sleep shortly after these pictures were taken...

gretchieincarrier13.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 3:22:11 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Amber I love your new pictures.. and I LOVE the footie tufties.. I had a fluffball once that had them and I loved it. Poor Spot.. I wonder where he is now.. I hope someone adopted him from my dumb ex who kept him from me..
7.gif

Awww...SDL, evil ex
29.gif
29.gif
Poor Spot - I hope he found a happy and loving home!

Thanks for the compliments on Mr. Ollie - he really is such a sweetie pie. He''s even turning into a lap cat, which makes me so happy
9.gif
9.gif
He''s such a lover boy
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
YAY! THE TAIL! ***THE TAIL***!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oh AG, the new pictures are AWESOME! I LOVED THEM! I looked at them all several times! The. Tail. is of course MAGNIFICENT, but what also caught my eye is how DARK and GROWN UP Ollie is looking!!! (And I loved how slightly bewildered he looks in the one picture... Boo has that very same expression -- often!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
)

And Gretchie is beautiful, too! She looks like she is ready to GO, MOM!!!

So Ollie is becoming a lap cat???! SO IS BOO!!!! Isn''t it just the most wonderful thing??!!

THANK YOU for the new pictures!!!

Boo sends head bonks to Ollie, and wanted me to ask Gretchen if she "wanted to go out with him"????!!!!
23.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results