shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant with 78%table- OK if price is right????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MarciaB

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a Radiant cut

3ct F SI1
Depth 70%
Table 78%
Crown 8%
Girdle thin-med
Polish-Good
Symm. Good-Very Good
dimensions 9.48x7.52x5.26
USA EGL Graded

I know with these numbers this stone is less than pefect,but from checking prices out online, the asking prices seems fair. (21k) I love the stone, it is a longer cut, which I prefer. The color is perfect, and the one flaw can not be seen from a top view at all, only from the side.

A better cut stone, would put this size and color out of our budget, I could go smaller for better cut, but did want size.

What are others opinions.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
marcia, I don''t favor that stone at all. Personally, I am not trying to be offensive at all, but I am wondering how many Radiant''s you have seen to compare this to, since you consider it a lovely stone and a good deal.... Honestly, price should NOT be a determinant before you make a decision.

I am sure you are thinking....WHAT? Price is so important! Yes, but I would rather smaller stone than something large and badly cut. As a matter of fact, the larger the more obvious a bad cut will be! A 3cts stone with a table at that extreme size WILL make the stone''s table look huge, and it will face up fairly large for it''s carat size. To me, it would be $21 of a purchase that could have been made on a stone that may not perform that well, since the depth is much too shallow.

You may notice on the stone that there is a very random and cracked ice sparkle, and lots of white brilliance, but almost none to little fire and colored sparkles showing. It''s improperly cut, and technically should be sold at a reduced rate. I can''t say the price it should be, but I would NOT pay $21 for a stone that is improperly cut, it''s also an EGL certified stone, which ALSO sells at a reduced rate for comperable GIA certified stones.

Take a shot and look at other Radiants within the required limits, and possibly something with a GIA certification to ensure that the stone IS an F and a true SI1. I suggest looking at www.radiantcut.com for parameters of the stone, and see if you can look at more radiants with better proportions. We bought our radiant from Radiant Cut and i have to say I have never seen a generic as well cut as the originals. There are all types out there, so it''s a tough search, but well worth it, when you find a well cut stone worth it''s price!

Good luck and DON''T SETTLE!!!!

klayman

Rough_Rock
NICREZ wrote:

"You may notice on the stone that there is a very random and cracked ice sparkle, and lots of white brilliance, but almost none to little fire and colored sparkles showing."

I have a question about this comment. If I understand correctly on a fancy cut stone I should be seeing a little bit of both of these qualities if it is a "well" cut stone??

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Geez, I''m sorry, I thought the post said $31K.......so the stones I compared are too high priced sorry!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results