shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Table

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksivad

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to decide between two radiant diamonds. Both are the same color, same clarity, same girdle, same depth (66.4%), close to the same weight, and both are GIA certified. The difference between the two is basically the table; one is 63% and the other is 69%. Which is considered to be a more desirable table? Unfortunately, the stones are from two separate dealers, so I cannot put them side by side.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Even though there are no set standards for fancy shapes. If I had to choose I would take the smaller table. Less windowing .

Ginaworld

Rough_Rock
Hi Iceman,

What do you mean by "less windowing"? Doesn't a smaller table mean the diamond will also look a little smaller as well, or is that incorrect thinking?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Ksivad, welcome to the forum,

I agree with the Iceman if that table has some crown height.

Ginaworld - a small table does not make the diamond look smaller but a large table will reduce the brightness causing "windowing".

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Someone once described a table to me like a fried egg. A larger table would be a bigger yolk, while a smaller one would be a smaller yolk, but the white around it would be same so the diameter of the egg is the same.

ksivad

Rough_Rock
I realize that the table size does not necessarily dictate the size of the stone; and in this case, the stones have basically the same measurement. My main concern is will I notice a difference in brilliance/fire between a 63% table and a 69% table on a radiant? Thanks for all the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results