shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mkleibo

Rough_Rock
Over the last few weeks I have been going crazy looking for a radiant cut diamond. I have been to 5 different jewelers, 3 of which told me I must go with an "Original Radiant". From what I have heard, this is not necessary. But they almost have me convinced that it is. So far I have only found one diamond that I like, that matches my criteria. Here are the specifics:

• Measurements: 7.69 x 6.57 x 4.25
  • Weight: 1.73 ct.
  • Depth: 64.7%
  • Table: 68%
  • Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
  • Cutlet: Small
  • Symmetry: Good; Polish: Very Good
  • Clarity Grade: VS1
  • Color Grade: G
  • Flourescence: None
  • Length to Width Ratio: 1.18
The price they have quoted me is $12,600. Can someone please let me know if the price is reasonable. Also what could I expect to pay for a radiant around 1.90ct with the same specifications? Please let me know. The diamond is an "original"

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I think the price is a little high.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you like the stone in person or it is just the numbers that sound ok?

There are a few more diamonds close to the stats (see database), but the prices ar not that much smaller.

How about THIS ?

Carat: 1.74
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 66.5
Table: 65
Girdle: TN
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 8.18-6.26X4.16
Length/Width: 1.31
Report: GIA
Price: $12,657.00

The one you posted is close to square. Is this a requirement ?
The next stone (Link) is more square-ish:

Price: $11,617.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Radiant
Carat: 1.81
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 65.5
Table: 66
Girdle: TN-STK
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 8.00-6.44X4.22
Length/Width: 1.24

Both links go to Whiteflash. I suppose the stones are listed by more than one seller and you can find easily by whom with a database search.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Unlike princess cut which is a style, there is a patent on a Radiant. There are 100 versions of a radiant knockoffs and some are very nice, some are princess cuts that someone chipped the corner and now it has 4 flat corners and is renamed radiant by the seller. The true radiant which is available from 2 sources are about 10% more than similar knockoffs, sometimes it is worth it. Sometimes the person selling the original is charging 30% more than another guy with a knockoff that looks as good. Best bet is to look at some, find a great appraiser to verify how you did.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results