shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

retro

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a radiant for 12,000 with the following specs.

Cut-Cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 7.41 x 6.01 x 4.05 mm
Carat Weight: 1.53
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: SI1
Proportions:
Depth: 67.4 %
Table: 63 %
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Finish
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Additional clouds are not shown.

The stone has a lot of sparkle when viewed head-on but when the stone is tilted a few degrees there are, in my opinion,
dark shadows that appear across different parts of the diamond. I voiced my concern to the maker of the stone and he assured me all radiants with rectangular dimensions have shadows when tilted.

My concern is that I was guaranteed that my stone was an ideally cut radiant and that is why it was 20% more than a similarl stone with the specs.

Should an ideally cut radiant have shadows when tilted?

I also have the pavilion and crown dimensions if anyone is interested in them.

Thanks,

MR

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The specs of this stone look nice on paper, no concerns there...but radiants can't be graded by numbers alone. In my personal opinion, it is very very common for radiants to have leaks and shadows at an angle and even face on, they just aren't like well-cut rounds. You have to appreciate them for other reasons. However, if you want to make sure this insn't a property of your particular stone being an inferior cut you can post some images here for us to look at and give our opinion.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
of course, it is very common to have shadows of obstruction or leakage when diamonds are tilted, in all shapes, but especially in fancies. Keep shopping if you don''t like it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This can happen with fancy shapes, also diamonds can look very different according to the available light and the angle you are observing them in. If you aren't happy, see if you can return it. Is it a branded Original Radiant out of interest as you mention the maker of the diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results