shape
carat
color
clarity

radiant proportions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jy4

Rough_Rock
What is the proper measurements for a 4 carat radiant diamond. Is this an indicator of a good cut versus a poor cut? Thank you in advance.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
JY4, I'll be honest with you, that's a loaded question. To me a 4ct radiant MUST have a good clarity above VS2. It's too large to fuss with SI1's or lower... Also, if it's a colorless diamond and not a Cape of fancy intense, I say keep it over G in color. Follow the AGA charts for better cuts:

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc2.asp

Keeping the table and depth below 70% generally tends to give you a better sparkle. Although it's pricier than a well cut generic with an expense that big, I would ABSOLUTELY look into the Grossbard radiants. If you spend on a huge rock, you should get a good one, and when we looked for 2ct, colorless, good clarity stones, WE HAD PROBLEMS FINDING OUR SIZE!!!

www.radiantcut.com

Good luck, and I hope you are ready for a tough search! See as many as you possibly can!!!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is allot left to individual tatse here, so all I can comment on is what most would agree it is a fine cut. Your taste can err, from this... but here's some pace to start.

A good guide to what the industry agrees on for being a great radina t cut is summarised by the AGA tablles of diamond proportions (Here). The numbers are not very useful if you do not read the instructions to use them: the "rules" and the explanation for the purpose of these cut grades.

The radiant was introduced as a branded cut, with it's own proportions rather well defined (here), which have been very liberally interpreted until now.

To answer your question I would need to know one more thing: what shape are you looking for ? Square? Rectangular ? A greta way to see what proportions for a rectangular stones would you like is a simple online toy - the "fancy shapes selector" on the AGA site (Here )
read.gif

Hope this helps...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For example:

This stone caught my attention for it's well defined recatngular proportions (1.4:1 LxW), and desirable match of reasonable depth and smaller table. Most others in this size range given by a quick search here were close to square but not quite - a wavering "personality" I would not go for. Of course, there are quite a few sellers and stones to choose from: this is only an example.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results